Electrical 1990 - 1993 Clockspring Information and Repair

Nice job on the write-up. I may have to file that away for future use. That is the kind of tech I like to find when I do searches here.

If Indy only could channel his knowledge for good. Too bad his personality gets in the way.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

About the only solution I know of anymore is a used one. I grabbed two, on from a 91 and one from a 92. Still on the original but figured I better have spares.

Also, you can get the airbag module refurbished here:

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Subscribing, as I may end up going down this rabbit hole in the future. I've had a 10-blink airbag light going on in Black Jack, but it's been at the bottom of my priority list. I also have a non-GT (the non-leather, non-stitched, rubbery feeling style steering wheel that came in LXs & other ford models) So, my solution may just be to swap steering wheels and be done. My horn and cruise-control have worked just fine, though. So, the airbag may be due to another malfunction in the airbag circuit.

I believe they can be repaired as well. I've seen a couple online sources claiming they can repair them for a hefty fee.

been wanting to get my hands on a busted airbag module, but you know how things are. Everything is junk and going in the trash until someone finds out someone is looking for it. Then it's $150.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they can be repaired as well. I've seen a couple online sources claiming they can repair them for a hefty fee.

been wanting to get my hands on a busted airbag module, but you know how things are. Everything is junk and going in the trash until someone finds out someone is looking for it. Then it's $150.
I always say its worth nothing until I need one.......

Mike,
I think I have a bad one but it will be Sunday before I can put my hands on it. If Ibhave it you want it?

I would want it as I would want to try to repair it. Would be a little while before I get to it though. Need to tackle the 6k tach resistors first.

Problem is I don’t have an airbag car, so if I do manage a repair, someone else will need to test it. I have no problem sending it out to someone if they need a new module, on the premise that a) I can’t garantee the thing actually works in a crash :eek: