1991 ford mustang lx, what intake manifold is this?

gavin12

Aug 5, 2022
turner
So im looking at buying this 1991 ford mustang lx it has motor work don't with the motor refreshed bored to a 306 with pistons head studs gt40 heads injectors cai e303 cam and a few other motor pieces and a 5 lug swap but don't know what intake this is any ideas? also wondering is this car worth it at 7000 dollars seems to not have rusty but will check it over better says it needs some paint but thats not a big deal to me?
296157900_796668561362536_4405709096014417714_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

For a second I thought it was the Jegs Max Box, but after finding pics they are differnt

For a second I thought it was the Jegs Max Box, but after finding pics they are differnt

thats what i kinda thought of also but it almost looks Custome welded but i dont think it is im really not sure what it is, what do you think of the price?

That's some incredibly mismatched short runner box intake for that engine. Box intakes like that are for high power boosted applications, not cars with E303 cams. I wouldn't concern yourself with it, because it clearly needs to go. Measure the car on other merits.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users
Check the frame rails, the door pillars for rust (Where the doors bolt onto the car looking in through the back of the front fender), check the cowl area for rust also. These are the common hidden rust areas. Need to see the interior and exterior pictures before any of us can speculate on what is a good price. The engine compartment needs some attention in my opinion, and what is up with the hood? Why is it not on the car? No AC is a big turn off for me personally. Post as many pictures as you can. I was just in Maine last week and I know the foxbody mustangs are hard to find up there. Just as a matter of price reference, this car is for sale here in Hawaii for $8500. 5 lug, E cam, cobra intake etc.

1659757232182.png

Reactions: 1 user
I'd want to see receipts of engine work because that intake is eatting up the low end power of that engine. If the owner who built the car didn't know this who knows what other gems you'll find lol.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Check the frame rails, the door pillars for rust (Where the doors bolt onto the car looking in through the back of the front fender), check the cowl area for rust also. These are the common hidden rust areas. Need to see the interior and exterior pictures before any of us can speculate on what is a good price. The engine compartment needs some attention in my opinion, and what is up with the hood? Why is it not on the car? No AC is a big turn off for me personally. Post as many pictures as you can. I was just in Maine last week and I know the foxbody mustangs are hard to find up there. Just as a matter of price reference, this car is for sale here in Hawaii for $8500. 5 lug, E cam, cobra intake etc.

1659757232182.png
Damn I wish o lived there lol, ya there not easy at all to find right now very limited selection but there’s all the pictures from the add
9B6C47AD-45F0-4827-A3D7-9BFE7DD1028E.png
A3538584-66B5-46B1-9E4F-E50D9C7CE206.png
A3E8682E-9B27-468D-97C4-5D1DB75BFCE1.png
20E009EC-D0C3-4F51-90C2-F67EE8223A78.png

I'd want to see receipts of engine work because that intake is eatting up the low end power of that engine. If the owner who built the car didn't know this who knows what other gems you'll find lol.
Unfortunitly he doesn’t have any, I do know one of the previous owners who did say it had all the motor work done I’m not sure if he had receipts and never passed them on but I am sure the motor work was down actully by a motor builder in vermont

As someone who lives in Maine, you need to get the car on a lift and inspect the floor and subframe. With all of the salt and high humidity in this State I would be surprised if the car was not half rotted out.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who lives in Maine, you need to get the car on a lift and inspect the floor and subframe. With all of the salt and high humidity in this State I would be surprised if the car was not half rotted out.
Unfortunitly I don’t have access to one but I was planning on crawling under it and making sure it looked to be in good shape