Electrical 1991 GT PCM Relay 4, 5 or six pins

Bamm

Dec 20, 2014
Hello, everyone newbie here, I have a 1991 GT 5 SP, that starts, drives and has fuel pressure. Here is the problem while I'm driving the motor will just shut off, fuel pump will continue to run, electrical power to everything stay on, to restart I hav e to turn key all the way off and just restart and it will go for another 5 min or so. Also while just idling it will cut off about every 3 - 9 minutes.
The following is a list ov new part
starter
starter module
ignition switch
coil
fuel pump relay
rotor/ cap
plugs
plug wires
TFI
PIP
battery
PCM
Herre is where the PCM relay comes in it was not changes out, I pulled it (brown/black), it has four pins in it, but all the replacements has either five or six pins. Did one of my pins break off in the connection or should I continue to look for a four pin. If I should continue to look for a four pin can someone tell me where to purchase one.
Thank you

Oh yeah I'm 1800 dollars down from the repair shop in mustang still don't run right... again Thank you ...Army Strong!!!

• Sponsors (?)

91-93_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

Fox body Mustangs are not the kind of car you choose if you have to pay someone else to fix it. I's time to start the DIY mechanic route.

To that end, here is some help...

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/