1991 Mustang GT SN95 5 Lug Conversion, Wheel Sizing and Offset Questions

They are true coil-overs, front and rear.

In the photo, I was using stock control arms and K-member. I have the mm k-member now with the tubal a arms but they were not necessary to run the coil-overs

I am running the Bilstien shocks/struts with the compatible coil-overs.

Steering rack limiters definitely help. I have them now

• Sponsors (?)

They are true coil-overs, front and rear.

In the photo, I was using stock control arms and K-member. I have the mm k-member now with the tubal a arms but they were not necessary to run the coil-overs

I am running the Bilstien shocks/struts with the compatible coil-overs.

Steering rack limiters definitely help. I have them now
I'm guessing that you run the A-Arms with a Reverse-Offset with the K-Member to keep the stock wheel-base?

Is the bump-steer kit essential with the K-member? looking online at the MM store, they seem to be required to install the K-Member.

I also don't know whether I should get Urethane or Delrin bushings, since I street drive and don't track the car.

Also, do you have a link to the coilovers you bought? I can't find any true coilovers on their store, only divorced.

Yes,

Yes,

I went urenthane. The car is driven on the street, not the race track. Why make it ride rougher than you need to just to cruise down to the local car show?

What is your definition of "divorced" coil-overs? My uinderstanding is that kits like Racetech or the SVE coil-overs use a divorced setup in the rear where the spring has it's own adjustable perch and does not slip over the shock body?

I'm using this kit for the front with 250# springs

Which look something like this when assembled
1656034584274.png

Yes,

Yes,

I went urenthane. The car is driven on the street, not the race track. Why make it ride rougher than you need to just to cruise down to the local car show?

What is your definition of "divorced" coil-overs? My uinderstanding is that kits like Racetech or the SVE coil-overs use a divorced setup in the rear where the spring has it's own adjustable perch and does not slip over the shock body?

1656034584274.png
I think my definition of divorced Coil-overs are the type which you have to assemble the shock and slide the rest of the parts together...don't really know much tbh.

I thought true coil overs come in a complete package, and perform better, but honestly I don't think I would notice any difference anyways.

Thanks for the info.

Yes,

Yes,

1656034584274.png
Also what rear spring rate are you running on the rears?

Got a link for the rear coilover kit?

Also what rear spring rate are you running on the rears?

Got a link for the rear coilover kit?

I don't have rear coil-overs. My front spring rate is low enough that I was advised by MM to stay with conventional springs out back.

They recommend a difference of 150# less than the front coil overs for street cars. Since the lowest rate REAR spring you can get is 175#, that means I need to up my front springs to #325 before i can consider rear coil-overs for my setup.

Since i like my ride at 250#, i'm leaving it as is

Reactions: 1 user
For the 245 front rub, would a couple of steering rack limiters fix this? I'm not sure how much it would affect the turn rate to fit the fatter tire.
I have 94 spindles, 17x9, with the 245/45’s.
I scraped the inside of one wheel on the control arm first time out. Added two limiters on each side and no issues since.
You lose a little in tight turns in the parking lot, but that’s infrequent for me, so I’m leaving the two. May be able to get away with just one, but I’m good with the way it is.