1991 Mustang motor mounts replacement

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!! The right side rear on my car is the one that snapped off on me , nearly flush with the block.

Nothing I tried worked to get it out, including heating the block cherry red in that area several times with my touch, on blaster for days, etc.

I ended up drilling it out and tapping the hole to 3/8 for now. Its holding just fine, but my engine is stock, no slicks, etc.

Total multi week nightmare and I nearly conceded and pulled the engine, but got it tapped straight so that worked. If I didnt have a lift in my shop I dont think I could have gotten it tapped straight as it was very difficult/ limited access to work.

Keep working it as you've been and dont snap it off like I did and spare yourself the pain and aggravation. Good luck.
I was finally able to get it off!

Attachments

• 6588F0DF-F794-487E-88F7-83D33D12B0C3.jpeg
    6588F0DF-F794-487E-88F7-83D33D12B0C3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • D6FA55A0-EE6D-40D4-8F6A-4F12B7C7844E.jpeg
    D6FA55A0-EE6D-40D4-8F6A-4F12B7C7844E.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice work! Nice trans mount. Looks like the energy suspension mounts I used for the engine and trans.
I should of read the instructions. I don't know how is a novice supposed to file the holes for the two screws when that transmission cross member is freaking steel
I used a Dremel to make the holes bigger. Put on some safety glasses and gloves and began to Dremel away.

I should of read the instructions. I don't know how is a novice supposed to file the holes for the two screws when that transmission cross member is freaking steel
I used a Dremel to make the holes bigger. Put on some safety glasses and gloves and began to Dremel away.
Yes, I had to enlarge the holes in the cross member as well when I installed the energy suspension trans mount