Paint and Body 1992 GT - gt tail lights "cheese grater" cover

• Sponsors (?)

the lenses are held on by small metal clips that dig into both body and lens.gently pry.heat helpsbecause the seal is butyl like the quarter glass.to reinstall resoften with heat and laquer thinner,or replace butyl seal.

the lenses are held on by small metal clips that dig into both body and lens.gently pry.heat helpsbecause the seal is butyl like the quarter glass.to reinstall resoften with heat and laquer thinner,or replace butyl seal.

No, he's talking about taking the cheese grater covers off the lenses themselves, not taking the lenses out of the housings. Right Jatt??

I don't see this as anything difficult. Pull the lens off and tint the backside. Then get rear ended

IMG_2549.PNG

I thought that the cheese grater part of the lense was glued to the lense it self. Your right Steve. I haven't messed with a cheese grater in years. I like my lights to be bright as hell. When I put on my 83-84 lenses recently, I cleaned and repainted the inside of the housing silver so my rear lights would be extra bright.

Last edited: