1995 GT engine question????

r-man

Aug 1, 2005
Can I eliminate the emissions tube from the header to the throttle body and can you change the intake over to the 89-93 so it does't have the curve in the end by the throttle body. It is going in a 56 Ford so I would like to make it as clean as possible. Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

you will need to get a fox body throttle body if you want to get rid of the elbow. i imagine that the linkage and everything is going to be different anyway though so i don't think it would matter.

Yes I am changing all of the likage and I will have no emissions except o2 so I will still have to have chip burned and if so who does this and do you know price? Thanks for all the help!

r-man said:
Yes I am changing all of the likage and I will have no emissions except o2 so I will still have to have chip burned and if so who does this and do you know price? Thanks for all the help!

you will have to find a local place for the tune. its usually in the 400-600 range for a chip and dyno time.

Its not a big deal to keep it...why get rid of it.

the smog pump and cats can be dumped easy and cheap. The EGR turns off at WOT so no perf. issues at all, you will get alittle better MPG (thats what its for) and save on getting the 400-600$ tune. It just does not seem worth it. At worst I would like said go to the fox internal setup if your wanting to clean up the engine bay but that little tube realy isnt' a big deal IMHO.