Engine 1996 Cobra Mass Air Meter for 24# Injectors In a Fox 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

No.

MAFs ate not calibrated for specific injectors. That's just an aftermarket MAF trick to avoid retuning.

You can use that meter but it will require a custom tune to get it to function correctly.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I put 24# injectors in my fox since it was running too lean on the 19#'s... Will a 96 Cobra mass air meter for 24#ers work with the fox efi or no? Anyone done this? I searched and nothing.. So I assume it's no. It plugs in

How lean? What is the AFR? N/A car? What are the mods? What fuel are you running? E-10/20, or straight gas? Are you getting any codes for O2 sensors? Are you getting any codes at all? Have you pulled codes? What's your fuel pressure vac off?

Stuffing 24lb injectors into a car with working O2 system and commanded AFR doesn't accomplish anything. The EEC will continue to lean out the fuel mixture (shorten injector pulse) to its limits or until it reads what it thinks is the correct AFR.

what heads are you running b/c thats a sub 300hp combo. no reason you should need the 24lb injectors. How were the 19lb injectors not cutting it? Not saying they didnt work but you may have another issue altogther. I have run that same intake with ported gt40s, a tfs1 camshaft, and 19lb injectors and it ran great. I dont have a dyno tune to show the fuel curve but there was no leaning at WOT or pinging to hint at a fuel issue.