1996 lincoln 4.6 dohc

rich1374670x

Jan 17, 2019
NH
I have a chance to buy a 4.6 dohc engine for $1200. It was for a lincoln continental. It comes with the intake, valve covers and oil pan. First, would this work in a 02 gt? Is it worth it? Stock hp doesn't seem like it but potential? Would a lot of the accessories change over or would I need new accessories and or mounts. Wiring harness? Ecm?
Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I have a chance to buy a 4.6 dohc engine for $1200. It was for a lincoln continental.
Just wondering. Are you hoping to put that motor into your Mustang? You are aware that the Lincoln Continental has a transverse mounted motor? As such the the block has different mounting points that make it incompatible with the Mustang. In short. It's not compatible at the whole motor level.

Check out car-part.com for some sample prices of other motors that will "bolt up" inside your Mustang. Say a Mark 8?

Last edited:
Like said, continental block is cast for transverse mount, so it won't work in RWD applications.

Also, $1200 is way too much.

You want a Lincoln mark 8 4.6 with the Teksid block. You can upgrade the heads and intake to mustang spec.

Reactions: 1 user