1998 v6 convert to supercharged?

pat_neutech

Mar 18, 2007
:SNSign: Hey everyone, I have a 1998 stang that had a 3.8l in it is currently a roller and I have a 3.8 supercharged motor out of a 1990 t-bird supercoup and I am wondering if I can convert the supercharged to fit into the 98'. the tranny is still in the stang and the motor includes the radiator, computer, airbox and complete motor. And if that is possible where can I find the info on how? Also can that supercharger convert to a 1998 3.8 motor? I would appreciate any help, thanks, Pat.

• Sponsors (?)

so you have the Eaton M90 supercharger. In all honesty, it will take over 42 parts to make it work correctly. It would be easier to swap the engine. It will be a pain in the a** to do also. It's never good to use a used S/C. Just spend the money and get a nice new intercooled procharger. Thats what I did. I almost got the eaton put in mine, but it was going to be too much work. So, I went to www.rpmoutlet.com and bought the procharger. It's much nicer.

Just take the parts you need for the swap to your '98
Since you got the motor you should have all the parts needed, just need to unbolt and bolt back on ;)

Remember to get a bigger fuel pump too ;)
High boost or low boost, a bad tune will kill the engine