2.3 power

MagnaflowGT

Oct 3, 2004
well.. no more expensive buying for me. I have a little one on the way, and well.. I gonna have to resort to using my 2.3 til my funds are replenished.

But the main question here, is how much horsepower can I get a naturally aspirated 2.3 up to, and what can I do to get it there. without having to dig into the block.

• Sponsors (?)

It’s better to just save your money I would say. It will take a lot of money to get any real power out of the NA 2.3. The way I would say to do it is to just find a cheap turbo motor. I was able to get one for a little more than $100. You would end up spending a lot on things that wouldn’t add up to the power the stock turbo motors put out. I think Bhuff had a cam, CAI, long tube exhaust, running a turbo computer and injectors and was able to get about 118 at the wheels. So keep it NA as long as you can stand it and save some money, then you can spend it on something you can get some real power out of.

Dan

maybe i shouldve just kept my other turbo stang :shrug: but due to a kid I had to.. I still have the cosworth motor. But the exhaust manifold is on the same side as the intake in the stang. Would it cost a lot to put that motor in?