2.3t Custom Coolant Line Help!!

Too Fordy

Jan 27, 2017
I have a 2.3T from a Thunderbird in my 1973 Datsun 240z. The car has a Holset He351 and no heater core and all the old lines were trash anyway. I've taken it upon myself to try to custom route some new lines and I have completely forgotten to include the lower intake manifold port.

I also have my cooling fans on a switch to run continuously, so I am not using the switch port on the block for anything. Where can I route the lower intake manifold water line? Can I splice it into one of the other lines I've already made?

Any help would be appreciated!
coolant lines.jpg
lower intake port.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

There is no heater core. I need to know where I can connect the lower intake manifold coolant port.
I do not know if that coolant port is even required. I don't know jack about a 2.3 engine, but I'd imagine it was a cold weather drivability fix,... keeping the intake manifold hot to better atomize the fuel in the winter.

I'd see about plugging it.

I do not know if that coolant port is even required. I don't know jack about a 2.3 engine, but I'd imagine it was a cold weather drivability fix,... keeping the intake manifold hot to better atomize the fuel in the winter.

I'd see about plugging it.

The ECT sensor is on the lower intake manifold, it gets the reading off the coolant flowing through this point, I'd plug it if it weren't for the sensor.