2 Top Cobra Is Getting The Works! Need Some Help...

Essn95

5 Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
So this coming weekend having a family member come down to help install many things on our 1995 Cobra
Here’s what we plan to do:
- Install King Cobra clutch kit and new flywheel
-Install new motor and trans mounts
- Swap TB, CAI, Aluminum Driveshaft, Hurst Shifter
- Possibly swap headers (shorties)
- Possible tranny swap if necessary
- Swap/Install Catted X pipe and SLP Loudmouth
Looking for tips on Install of these and most importantly what order would make all of these installs harmonious and as easy as possible within our time frame. Will have 3 pairs of hands on board
Looking forward to the results!!

• Sponsors (?)

Drop the trans and install the flywheel and clutch. You should pull the shifter prior to dropping the trans, makes it easier. Once flywheel clutch are done install the trans, bolt on the new shifter and new trans mount. Install the new driveshaft. You will already have the h pipe off (for the trans drop for the clutch install) so swap headers, then install the new x pipe. Now do the new motor mounts.

For sure! Their easy even with the h pipe installed. Throw em in, might as well! Just get good gaskets and locking header bolts so you don’t have to do it twice, or having to tighten header bolts all the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody who has ever used a header gasket knows that they suck.

The single simplest thing you can use is high temp RTV. By itself.

You apply a bead to the head, wait till It skins over, then assemble the header. Tighten the thing just tight enough to make contact with the goop and let it dry for a while.

Then tighten the header and be done with it. No blown out gasket that cost 20.00.

It works Everytime I use it, and I use it on every exhaust flange the i bolt together.

Header gaskets are so........1980.

Anybody who has ever used a header gasket knows that they suck.

The single simplest thing you can use is high temp RTV. By itself.

You apply a bead to the head, wait till It skins over, then assemble the header. Tighten the thing just tight enough to make contact with the goop and let it dry for a while.

Then tighten the header and be done with it. No blown out gasket that cost 20.00.

It works Everytime I use it, and I use it on every exhaust flange the i bolt together.

Header gaskets are so........1980.

I considered that on my new engine, but since money just burns holes in my pocket I had to spend $50+ on the Remflex gaskets.

I've been using high temp RTV.... no problems. I also use it on every exhaust connection.... even at work. No comebacks....

I've been using high temp RTV.... no problems. I also use it on every exhaust connection.... even at work. No comebacks....

Which brings us back to Why you'd spend big money on a copper gasket and then have to use locking bolts, when you can spend 5 dollars on a tube of RTV and the bolts you have.

I mean...it isn't rocket science.:rolleyes: