20 inch Wheel and Tire Package for 2006 Mustang GT

bushdog66

Jun 11, 2011
Georgia
Hello all,
Recently purchased a 2006 GT (30,000 miles and all stock) and I am interested in a 20 inch wheel and tire package that Cruzin Concepts is offering (Black Godspeed Omega Wheel and Tire Package Sale (20" Deep Dish NT05 Tires) 05-2011). I'm concerned about the rear tire size as it relates to the rim size. They are Nitto 315/35/20's on a 10 inch rim. Nitto's website states that the 315 should be on a 10.5 inch rim. Cruzin Concepts seems to be pretty reputable and even sponsor some of the mustang forums but I've learned not to assume that just cuz it's for sale doesn't mean it should be installed! My questions are:

1. Is it okay to go .5 inches smaller on rim size? Please explain why or why not if possible.
2. With 315's in the back, will there be clearance issues and if so is there a way to safely resolve them?
3. I want to get rid of the extra space in the wheel well so I'm gonna lower it with springs; how low do I go?

I've attached a pic of the look (wheels and car heighth) I'm tying to achieve in case it helps to answer my questions. Also, this is my first post so I apologize if my post is not formatted correctly. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Respectfully,
William

Attachments

• courtesycruizinconcepts4_lg.jpg
    courtesycruizinconcepts4_lg.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 185
  • courtesycruizinconcepts2_lg.jpg
    courtesycruizinconcepts2_lg.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Sponsors (?)