2000 Ford Mustang GT 4.6

Misti

Jun 23, 2019
Doniphan Mo
I Am New to this website but I have used it Many times for information!

So Let me Get to the Point here:

I have 2000 Ford Mustang GT with a 4.6 under the hood. I am having trouble with my AC not blowing cold. My Pressure test said my Low side is at 36 and my High side is at 50. Why is my High side so Low?
Next:
I changed the heater core 3 months ago. What a deal and no shortcuts either, dash, steering column and all had to be dropped and moved ect... Well yesterday my heater core went out again. So Fun fun!! I get to do it again this week! What is causing this to happen?
Last:
I have a O2 sensor bank 2 that is dead. I can hardly reach it or get the sensor wrench to fit in there to get it out! Any suggestions?
I have the next 2 weeks off work due to the holiday and I'm ready to turn some wrenches and get my car back to where it needs to be! I would love some feedback about how to and what to and dont do's!!!
Thanks A Bunch Misti May!!

Attachments

• 20190426_181821.jpg
    20190426_181821.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

It sure is a long way up to the front left O2 sensor isn't it? I have a very long thin flat blade screw driver that I use for this. The screwdriver is long enough where I can feed it between the release tab on the O2 sensor connector while lightly pulling down on the O2 pigtail.

I use the same screwdriver to re-install the O2 electrical connector. The main thing is to put the slot between the tab and the body. Use the tool to position the O2 pigtail connector into the body connector. Push gently. Once started remove the tool and reposition to the connector edge and push.

Here's the information on the screwdriver I have used for the job. The main thing is it needs to be long and the blade thin enough to fit between the connector tab.

Craftsman Slotted 3/16” x 9” Screwdriver

Reactions: 1 user
It sure is a long way up to the front left O2 sensor isn't it? I have a very long thin flat blade screw driver that I use for this. The screwdriver is long enough where I can feed it between the release tab on the O2 sensor connector while lightly pulling down on the O2 pigtail.

I use the same screwdriver to re-install the O2 electrical connector. The main thing is to put the slot between the tab and the body. Use the tool to position the O2 pigtail connector into the body connector. Push gently. Once started remove the tool and reposition to the connector edge and push.

Here's the information on the screwdriver I have used for the job. The main thing is it needs to be long and the blade thin enough to fit between the connector tab.

Craftsman Slotted 3/16” x 9” Screwdriver

I actually have one I think! It is a hard spot to get to that O2 sensor! I actually thought about trying to tape a screwdriver or tie or whatever just so I don't lose that sensor. I can hardly reach it. I'm get ready to put my car in my garage and start working in it now!

You can try dropping the exhaust to get to the sensor. I disconnected mine at the header and gave me enough room to get to it.
I thought about doing that! But I'm un sure exactly on how my exhaust comes down. I was going to mess with that O2 sensor today and ended up working on my AC. I have a new ac system and I have checked every fuse, I have checked for leaks. I have done the pressure test. My high side was registering at 50 psi. I dont know why! Still I have no AC in my car! I dont know what I'm missing and why I cant figure this one out!

I wish I knew more about the AC system. I've changed out the compressor clutch before but tha's it. The heater core...that sucks. Is it leaking or something because I have never had any trouble with that.

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I knew more about the AC system. I've changed out the compressor clutch before but tha's it. The heater core...that sucks. Is it leaking or something because I have never had any trouble with that.
Yes, it is definitely eaking! I went to town and back and when I pulled in my driveway green coolant was rushing out! Plus I could smell the coolant when I was driving! Good think I'm only 1 mile or less to town! This will be the 2 nd heter core n 3 months. It is either rubbing or its pressure. But same spot it was leaking from last time. I had bypassed it in the meantime!
I have also replaced the whole AC in the car! I just cant seem to figure out the problem. The air was cold cold and then it just went out!