2000 GT Fog Light Swap

GTStang Guy

Aug 1, 2004
Chicago
My factory fog lights get water in them so I bought some new housing units. I am wondering if anyone knows the best way to swap out the factory ones? Do I need to take the entire bumper apart or just the plastic shield underneath the front bumper? I've only quickly looked at it as I would like to get some opinions on how to do it before I start wripping my car apart. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

GTStang Guy said:
My factory fog lights get water in them so I bought some new housing units. I am wondering if anyone knows the best way to swap out the factory ones? Do I need to take the entire bumper apart or just the plastic shield underneath the front bumper? I've only quickly looked at it as I would like to get some opinions on how to do it before I start wripping my car apart. Thanks.
no need to rip anything apart. one of my fog lights went out, so i took out the whole light assembly before i realized i could just swap out the bulb at the plug :doh: you dont need to take off the bumper, although it would be easier. you dont even HAVE to jack up the car, although i would recommend it. i did mine on a lift and it was easy as pie. there is one screw on the front of the assembly that holds the adjustment. take that out. then there are 2 or three screws behind the assembly. just reach up behind the bumper and you have to feel the screws. they arent visible from any angle i could see. they are torx screws. just be patient as this is the hardest part. you need to have a small ratchet as there is limited swivel space and about a 6" extension to reach. i think it took me 15-20 min to remove one assembly and then like 5 to re-install after i figured it out. should be 45 min tops. easy job