2000 Mustang OBD scanner will not communicate!!!

Apr 13, 2023
I have a 2000 Mustang, I am in the process of trying to diagnose, my obd scanner will not communicate with the car, I do have power to the OBD Port, and the scanner does work. Can anyone tell me why the port will not read scanner? In desperate need of help. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply, yes it is, this has been a nightmare, theft light flashing, car will turn over but not start, now can't get code scanner to read the OBD so I can see what's going on. So crazy. Was driving car down the road then it cut off and all this mess began. Can't figure any of this out, can program keys, or anything without that obd port working.

Just seen your other post in the general talk.
Seems like you’ve tried to reset - and there’s dashes for the odometer.
That means the PCM is not firing up. I assume the v6 still has a CCRM module, you need to google and find the wiring diagram/colors, and test voltage at fuel pump, and a few prongs at the PCM

When my CCRM went out I had similar problems. I’ll find my thread regarding that

Thanks, I was wondering if the CCRM is bad, or the body control module, I have read where both of these could be the issue, the reset didn't work you sent, but thanks for trying to help me. I'll check on the CCRM. Thanks.