2001 Mustang Won't Start

Jered Bras

Nov 13, 2014
I have a 2001 Mustang convertible v6.

Here's my problem, I will spare no detail.

It sometimes will not start will when I attempt to start it. So far it has done this 4 times.
Basically it turns over the dashboard lights up and the engine hits, but does turn over just sits there cranking like it has an empty tank of gas.

Now I got the car around Aug-18 and she gave me this problem for the first time around Oct-10 or so.

The fuel pump DOES kick on when the key gets turned over.

I did replace the spark plugs and wires.

The battery light in the dashboard comes on sometimes. It has a new battery. The car runs fine when I disconnect the hot cable to the battery so I assume the alternator is fine.

The odometer sometimes disappears from the dashboard when driving then reappears later.

The previous owner mentioned how the key is perhaps not the original. The 'theft' light blinks not extremely rapid but pretty rapidly.

The passenger suddenly without warning stopped rolling down all other windows roll down just fine.

Today it hit over like it was almost going to start then sunk back down to the point were it sounds like I'm cranking a car empty on gas.

I included all the details because I think one of them may help.

Could it be a wiring problem? Such as a ground wire? I'm waiting for daylight right now to check the wires.

Thanks anyone for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)