2002 Mustang Rpm's On The Fritz!!

V8supercharged02

Nov 17, 2015
Alright I have a 2002 Mustang GT with a Torque Tech supercharger on it. The issue i am having is a freaking unbelievably high rpm. When I start the car every thing is fine, idles about normal rpms. Tap the gas just enough to cause any sort of pull on the throttle cable, and immediately release. When i do this it cause the rpm's to climb to 3k-4k!!! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what could be the cause.
Some things that i have done:
Ran the codes for the check engine light... came back with a P0113 code which is the intake air tempature sensor code. i have had this code since i put the super charger on, have not had this issue(did the mods in 2013)
I took the tubes running to the IAC off to see if this caused any variance in rpm. It did lower the rpms, but was still pretty high. and when i put them back on the rpms skyrocketed again. My IAC has lines from two sources the intake before the throttle body, and the PCV valve.
I checked the throttle body and it is closed fully. The throttle body was also still very clean.

What I am wondering is if this problem could be related to the EGR system, or if I have just been looking I the wrong areas.
One thing I should probably mention also is that i recently changed the AC compressor and accumulator. Since it is cold, and money is a bit tight I have not went out and filled the AC system with freon. One post i saw said something about the lack of freon could be causing the failure of readjusting idle speeds.

The start of this issue occurred when I was driving down the high way.. admittedly in a high rpm, high acceleration manner. When i got to my exit i down shifted and came to the stop light where the rpms stood at around 4k.. scared the bejesus out of me.

Any help or opinions on this manner are greatly appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

I just had a high idle problem with my 99 GT (no supercharger) and finally fixed it by disconnecting the battery for a while and reconnecting the battery. Apparently the computer needed to relearn how to idle. It's an easy, and free, thing to try. Good luck!