2005 GT 02 sensor stuck rich

The good news ,no more check engine light ,and it is no longer i fail safe mode . The bad news ,it will not take gas when i step on the pedal at first ,then it clears and it is fine for a second only to stop taking fuel again with a light back fire at the engine and almost stalling . The light has not come on an the scanner says system passed .
It ran for about 45 minutes this time with out a problem ,even cycled the fan a couple of times before it decided to do what it is doing now

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you need to install driver's and passenger side catch cans to prevent oil vapors getting into the intake system from the crankcase. Otherwise the CMCVs get coated in an oily mess that can cause them to stick or not work at all.

Holly friggen cow ? I have said all along it was probably something so totally stupid i could bang my head against the wall ! When i put the motor and tranny in it still had the 07 engine harness on it ,i had to swap it out inside the car with the original 05 harness ...well,i got the back of the harness twisted and you may have guessed it ,the oxygen sensor for bank 1 was plugged into bank 2 an bank 2 was plugged into bank 1 . Its like a new car ,it shifts now ,no more fail safe mode and no o2 sensor codes .. now i have to drive it around so it sets everything and then i have a driver !

Reactions: 2 users
20220223_153717.jpg
20220223_153657.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked it with my scanner and it shows everything has set nice and clean except the converters and that will take a few miles to clear , the input sensor on the tranny set off the fail safe for just a minute but cleared out ,i think because all the sensors were not set as ok just yet . Runs great thought ,and barked third when it shifted haha

Reactions: 1 user