2005 Mustang GT 4.6L Roush Convertable - looking to replace Wheels &Tires

RossD

Jul 15, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
My wife and I just bought a 2005 Convertible Roush 4.6L and I am looking to replace the stock wheels and tires. They are currently 17" Wheels with 235/55R17 tires. I am thinking I want to stay with the same total diameter. I would like to go with 18 or 19 inch wheels and a tire that would yield the same height as stock. I was also thinking I could go a little wider in the back, so I am looking for information on how wide I can go without issues and what size tire with a 18" or 19" wheel.

Attachments

• 2005 Roush.jpg
    2005 Roush.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Sponsors (?)

I have 18 inch wheels on my car (also an 05 Roush), and I run 295’s in the rear without issue. Widest I’ve run was a 305, and even that didn’t have an issue. However, my car is a street car and isn’t making “spin the earth off it’s axis” power, not to mention cost, so I stepped down to a smaller tire.

The speedo - if you bump from a 17 to an 18 inch wheel, the speedo will be off a bit, but not by a significant amount. So, it’s not like the speedo will say 60 mph, and you are actually doing 70, for example. That, and you can buy a handheld tuner (SCT is a good brand) and use it to recalibrate your speedo if it means that much to you.

Roush makes very nice wheels, but as you’ll soon learn (if you haven’t already) anything you want with the name Roush on it comes with a price.