2006 Roush Procharger Install

dwestrains

Feb 27, 2006
Hello there, I have been a mustang freek since 1985 (showing my age), anyway since the new Mustang came out I knew I wanted one. So long story short I just bought a new 2006 Roush Stage II. I just installed kooks lokng tubes, hi flo cats, flo masters and a little procharger. Any feedback on other prochargers with the S-197's would be appreciated.

We tried to dyno today, having a little problem with low voltage to the fuel pumps. The tuner did not want to put any real timing into it because we were dropping 4 psi of fuel pressure under load. AIR/FUEL was borderline so, they are rewiring the booster on Tuesday. We still made 408 to tires with a super consertive tune. Th tuner feels we will make 450 no problem. There was 2005 saleen in the shop getting a new engine. It made 450 to the rear wheels and last week thru a rod. The tuner stated that this moter with good rods, and real pistons, can make 650-750 RWHP. But the piston and rods are complete junk. The valves are inconel, but yet the ford engineers put in cheap crap where it really counts. Anyway I bought a long block (complete), and we are going to toughen the bottom end, and have it ready if I blow this one up. Once the other is done, we are going to put some real boost in the stock block and see how far we can push it. We will back on the dyno on Wednesday after we fix the voltage. I will take better video.
Here is a little video of one pull. Cut and paste, not sure how to do the link

http://www.putfile.com/dwestrains

• Sponsors (?)

who was the guy doin the dyno pull.....whats with him poppin it outa gear at the end of the pull and revvin the $hit outa the motor? i dont think i would like that if it were my car....going from full load at redline to no load???? eh...sounds sick though, impressive numbers for a conserv. tune! nice work

usually they make you sign a waiver so that they are not liable. But hey they should have insurance for that sort of thing. It's like if your car blows up or falls off the dyno you have to pay for it because it is your car. That sucks