Electrical 2013 GT 5.0 Man Clutch Granny Spring

MarineDeuce

Jul 16, 2018
St Johns
Once again, this may have been covered and if so I apologize. I removed the "granny spring" from the clutch assembly of my 2013 mustang. The procedure involves astonishing contortions of arms and body crammed into the space under the dash near the clutch in front of the drivers seat. Release of a small spring tab holding the clutch master cylinder activation shaft onto the clutch pedal. Once released, the clutch pedal can be moved rearward far enough to release the "granny spring" for easy removal. Ah, but there may be an unforseen hitch. Riding atop the clutch pedal assembly is a plunger like switch which is the cruise control deactivator. This item is held into a hole by two plastic pins that are aligned upon insertion with two slots in the mounting hole, then rotated 45 degrees to be held in place. The plunger being compressed at this point. When the clutch pedal is moved rearward to facilitate spring removal, it is entirely possible to break the two pins on this assembly off which will make it impossible to "set" your cruise control as the switch will now just push up out of its retainer. $21 online shipped XW4T-7C534-AB.

• Sponsors (?)