2013 Mustang GT California Special

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
Southern California
Anyone think the California Special package should include the gt500 Heat extractor hood so it can have a bit more retro look to it? This has been my big issue with them.

Last thread about the 2013 turned into a Like/Dislike Thread. Whatever you think would be good for the new mustang I encourage everyone to write Ford and also post your Ideas here. who better to design than enthusiasts.

• Sponsors (?)

The heat extractor hood is killer... and I would love one myself.
We had 70 days of 100 degrees this summer. Most days were 105 to 110.
They should call it the TS, Texas Special!!! Why does Californian get
one and we dont.....:mad:

The heat extractor hood is killer... and I would love one myself.
We had 70 days of 100 degrees this summer. Most days were 105 to 110.
They should call it the TS, Texas Special!!! Why does Californian get
one and we dont.....:mad:

Because in 1968 Los Angeles became a profitable area. people were buying cars left and right and to intice buyers more Ford came out with the california special which became specific to that area. produced in san jose. some of them went up to colorado and were called something else. I dont remember. But street my cousins dealership in el paso sells a lot of cali specials man. and also for my cali special. I will be getting the svt style heat extractor.

Gentlemen no need to wonder. Ford has the pictures of the 2013 California Special on on there website. They have it shown in white with black stripes. Plus they have it pictured without stripes. It does have the heat extractor hood.

Gentlemen no need to wonder. Ford has the pictures of the 2013 California Special on on there website. They have it shown in white with black stripes. Plus they have it pictured without stripes. It does have the heat extractor hood.

I was talking about the classic looking heat extractor hood like it had in 68'. As in going ahead and putting the hood that the gt500 has now instead of just looking like any otehr mustang.