2017 seats are in & I love them!

Awesome man kinda skimmed through it but will read it over again. So a couple of questions. Are the ones I’m looking at the 2016s any different base wise than those 2013s? Can the power lumbar etc on these some how still be used or is the wiring for all that just off and won’t connect to ours? Instead of using our stock tracks can I use these tracks from lmr? 54F58017-B14C-4957-AE9E-E59806181995.jpeg
If you can post a picture of the seats from underneath I’d be able to answer your questions. I only know about the 2016’s because that’s what I bought.

As for the seat tracks I understand they are direct replacements.

As for the power seat question, I’m gonna say yes because there is a continuous power wire under the seats. The seat only draws power when the switch is turned on (toggle switch). You’ll have to splice wires but yes it can work.

• Sponsors (?)

If you can post a picture of the seats from underneath I’d be able to answer your questions. I only know about the 2016’s because that’s what I bought.

As for the power seat question, I’m gonna say yes because there is a continuous power wire under the seats. The seat only draws power when the switch is turned on (toggle switch). You’ll have to splice wires but yes it can work.
This is the pic of the drivers side which he sent me.
5B0E4F6C-C380-422F-A108-A8D280FFD3D9.jpeg

These are 2016s as well, just out of the eco boost mustang

The most work is removing the seat tracks, heated and power features, etc. Once you get it all stripped down it doesn't take long to fab up a new base to mount your Fox tracks on to. Maybe a couple hours each seat, second seat goes faster than the first as is typical with most things.

5B0E4F6C-C380-422F-A108-A8D280FFD3D9.jpeg
Wow you have the good seats. Mine are manuals so obviously they had less guts than these. If you look at my pics i shaved off (grinder, or sawzall) on the side of the seat tracks. Tuck away all the wiring while doing it without them getting cut. I used a grinder to cut it all off. Went pretty smooth on my end. There are two bars under the seat, one visible towards the front of the seat and another underneath the grey flap on the bottom of pic. I used 3/4” tubular metal welded from the back to the front of the seat BUT, when getting the tubing make sure it goes at least 2” past the front bar (if your tall, I’m 6’1”) so the seat can travel farther back. They have to be flat square tubing or else you’ll hit your head on the ceiling of the car from sitting so high. I learned this the hard way. I’ll take pictures of my car later and try and show as much as possible. I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow you have the good seats. Mine are manuals so obviously they had less guts than these. If you look at my pics i shaved off (grinder, or sawzall) on the side of the seat tracks. Tuck away all the wiring while doing it without them getting cut. I used a grinder to cut it all off. Went pretty smooth on my end. There are two bars under the seat, one visible towards the front of the seat and another underneath the grey flap on the bottom of pic. I used 3/4” tubular metal welded from the back to the front of the seat BUT, when getting the tubing make sure it goes at least 2” past the front bar (if your tall, I’m 6’1”) so the seat can travel farther back. They have to be flat square tubing or else you’ll hit your head on the ceiling of the car from sitting so high. I learned this the hard way. I’ll take pictures of my car later and try and show as much as possible. I hope this helps.
Awesome, well I don’t have them yet. He wanted 600 and now 540. Might throw 450 cash in hand and see if he will take it. Where are you guys finding this metal tubing etc to weld. I don’t weld so I’d have to have someone do it for me. My original seat track was busted and I got it welded but I think I’d rather buy those seat tracks from lmr I posted earlier and use those. I’m just wondering how if I could still use the if any some of the function of the seat electrical wise. Not sure what the difference is between our stock tracks and those new tracks from lmr. Looks like @FoxMustangLvr went ahead and gutted everything out. But these seats look great in our cars from what you posted and his as well.

I did everything the same except the bar you have going from left to right. I used the existing bar you seem to have removed. But great work nonetheless.
This is my seat in the car now. Both went in and don’t forget the new metal boxed frame has to have at least 14” square all around for the stock or aftermarket seat tracks to sit on.

Attachments

• A82938CA-7AF8-4B57-95E0-BF11BF25EA55.jpeg
    A82938CA-7AF8-4B57-95E0-BF11BF25EA55.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 56F6674F-472E-4322-90DA-128C6A4CCC37.jpeg
    56F6674F-472E-4322-90DA-128C6A4CCC37.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 271
Awesome, well I don’t have them yet. He wanted 600 and now 540. Might throw 450 cash in hand and see if he will take it. Where are you guys finding this metal tubing etc to weld. I don’t weld so I’d have to have someone do it for me. My original seat track was busted and I got it welded but I think I’d rather buy those seat tracks from lmr I posted earlier and use those. I’m just wondering how if I could still use the if any some of the function of the seat electrical wise. Not sure what the difference is between our stock tracks and those new tracks from lmr. Looks like @FoxMustangLvr went ahead and gutted everything out. But these seats look great in our cars from what you posted and his as well.
The electrical shouldn’t be an issue as long as all you want to work is the adjustments to work. Again if you go under the seat you’ll see a harness there. Use a volt meter to test for a hot lead and then for the ground. I’ve used schematics to figure this out the right way on my other 89Gt with cobra full power seats and it worked for me. As for the seat tracks, $300 bucks vs $40-$60 on stock seat tracks is a no brainer. I rather use $300 bucks elsewhere like a cam or roller rockers etc. etc. If they should break again then hey do what ya gotta do. Stock seat tracks are all over eBay or Craigslist.

The electrical shouldn’t be an issue as long as all you want to work is the adjustments to work. Again if you go under the seat you’ll see a harness there. Use a volt meter to test for a hot lead and then for the ground. I’ve used schematics to figure this out the right way on my other 89Gt with cobra full power seats and it worked for me. As for the seat tracks, $300 bucks vs $40-$60 on stock seat tracks is a no brainer. I rather use $300 bucks elsewhere like a cam or roller rockers etc. etc. If they should break again then hey do what ya gotta do. Stock seat tracks are all over eBay or Craigslist.
Ah yes guess I didn’t realize the cost lol thought they were 150 for the set for some reason. I’d like to get these seas for as cheap as I can, he has had them up for awhile now. 450 sounds like a good deal to me, like I said he now wants 540 not sure if the 90 bucks is do or die for him but cash in hand usually solves that problem when you want to move stuff.

Ah yes guess I didn’t realize the cost lol thought they were 150 for the set for some reason. I’d like to get these seas for as cheap as I can, he has had them up for awhile now. 450 sounds like a good deal to me, like I said he now wants 540 not sure if the 90 bucks is do or die for him but cash in hand usually solves that problem when you want to move stuff.
I got lucky in my deal. $200!!! He tried to go up to $300 then I backed out, then he caved in for $200 again I swooped them up. I didn’t care what was gonna he needed to put them in, all I know is that they where gonna go in. Good luck with the purchase and if I can help any further let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
I got lucky in my deal. $200!!! He tried to go up to $300 then I backed out, then he caved in for $200 again I swooped them up. I didn’t care what was gonna he needed to put them in, all I know is that they where gonna go in. Good luck with the purchase and if I can help any further let me know.
Appreciate it man, I’ll let you know if I pull the trigger or stick with the Corbeau’s. If I do get these 2016s then I’ll be bothering you and @FoxMustangLvr quite a bit lol.

Appreciate it man, I’ll let you know if I pull the trigger or stick with the Corbeau’s. If I do get these 2016s then I’ll be bothering you and @FoxMustangLvr quite a bit lol.
I will gladly help however I can. As to the debate between the 2016 seats and the Corbeau's, I would put my money on factory Ford seats being better quality and more durable for years to come and you're putting Ford seats in your Ford which is a great thing. Just my opinion. Also people talk about aftermarket seats being for small waist people, unlike the factory Ford seats which are a little more roomy so take that in to account as well.

What
I will gladly help however I can. As to the debate between the 2016 seats and the Corbeau's, I would put my money on factory Ford seats being better quality and more durable for years to come and you're putting Ford seats in your Ford which is a great thing. Just my opinion. Also people talk about aftermarket seats being for small waist people, unlike the factory Ford seats which are a little more roomy so take that in to account as well.
yeah I actually was over at the shop and got to sit in a 2016 gt possibly 2017, but it had the same seats I posted just cloth instead of leather. They felt pretty darn comfy and I’m just gonna offer the guy 400 and see if he takes it. I like the look of these and it will be rare to see them in our cars, seeing yours made me want to go for it, deconstructing the track shouldn’t be to bad I hope. Guess I just have to wait and see if the deal goes through first.

My question is where did you find the square tubing at?

Ok guys wish me luck gonna check out the seats. Gonna offer 400 for the set he was 540, been for sale now for about 7 weeks or more. Highest I might go is 450 what do you guys think?

So went to look at the seats and I didn’t get them yet. I liked them could see them looking good in the car. I asked him what his lowest he would take to start off with. He said he had offers for 425/450 but nothing done yet. Maybe I’m just nit picky and some what of a perfectionist. So the seats weren’t bad, leather looked good, need to be cleaned up and some leather care and would look better. The passenger seat felt good, obviously hardly anyone ever sits in them usually, had a few spots of wear. The drivers seat also felt good to sit in but not as tight fitting as the passenger but not bad, could just tell someone def drove whatever car they were in, and the left sided bolster seemed a little worn I guess, idk how big the last person driving said car was. I’m 6’1” 225 and I felt comfortable. The leather seemed worn, like not tight as you can see in the photos. I marked some areas where I had issues with mainly wear and tear, and there was a small area on the left bolster where the leather got scuffed. Let me know what you guys think, I told him I’d do 425 cash in hand and he said 450 and I could take them. I walked away, said I was gonna look at some other seats I’m interested in which are some tmi pro chicanes which the guy wants the same price 450.
FA71D002-E179-46C1-B668-C91CCC000083.jpeg
B784223B-6288-4C57-9672-A45DC92308D4.jpeg
7A5E8E54-0773-4435-917B-1A24F643CA6F.jpeg
E9D8B080-2AF3-4C54-912F-CA465934EBE0.jpeg