2017 seats are in & I love them!

Making progress towards getting these seats ready!! @FoxMustangLvr so wondering why you decided to remove the front bar with the red arrows? VS leaving it and attaching the square tubing front to back like @Jr's331Notch did? Was it for more stability? Just wondering bc I’m now
At the point where I have both tracks and wiring all out except those wires where the flap tucks on the bottom of the seat circled in yellow. Idk what to do with those. Going to Home Depot tomorrow to look for the square tubing so just wondering how much of that I need. I’m still contemplating whether I want to use my stock tracks or use the lmr tracks. Not sure if I went with those tracks would that make anything different on the mounting of the tracks compared to stock tracks? I found another seat but thinks it was a 2013 with the lmr tracks but seems as thiugh the seat is surely different, and I believe he just mounted straight the base. Thanks for any tips and help.
41362FF6-E848-433E-BFD4-60EDA019E346.jpeg
0E2255CD-D875-4276-9576-710FD335D329.jpeg
8A7136E5-16D9-4E6A-9F96-3CEDAD23A30D.png
2F0E742A-ECF3-4D09-9919-F74AB04F89B7.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

I removed the cross bar (which controls seat tilt) because my the bars that the seat tracks get mounted to run right over where that cross bar mounts. There's no good way to weld or attach it that would be solid IMO. I cut the bolts off with a cut off wheel and then welded a cross bar in place.

Picture of seat completely gutted with crossbar removed.
seats 2017.JPG

New 3/4" sq. cross bar welded in. Way more sturdy!
img_3075-jpg-jpg.jpg

Next step is the two bars that the seat tracks mount to. These are welded to the rear seat tube and the new cross bar. Notice how far out the two bars are? This is why I felt it was best to remove the factory tube, these bars would lay over the factory brackets.
img_3076-jpg-jpg.jpg

I really do not understand the conflict with the seat tracks. Why would you not use your stock tracks? Are they power tracks or manual seat tracks? Or are you just not wanting to have incomplete factory seats laying around?

I removed the cross bar (which controls seat tilt) because my the bars that the seat tracks get mounted to run right over where that cross bar mounts. There's no good way to weld or attach it that would be solid IMO. I cut the bolts off with a cut off wheel and then welded a cross bar in place.

Picture of seat completely gutted with crossbar removed.
seats 2017.JPG

New 3/4" sq. cross bar welded in. Way more sturdy!
img_3075-jpg-jpg.jpg

Next step is the two bars that the seat tracks mount to. These are welded to the rear seat tube and the new cross bar. Notice how far out the two bars are? This is why I felt it was best to remove the factory tube, these bars would lay over the factory brackets.
img_3076-jpg-jpg.jpg

I really do not understand the conflict with the seat tracks. Why would you not use your stock tracks? Are they power tracks or manual seat tracks? Or are you just not wanting to have incomplete factory seats laying around?
Well I guess it would save me some cash to just use my stock tracks. My drivers was broken and then had it welded where it normally breaks. Was thinking about selling the seats and I guess tracks would make them more sought after but guess it doesn’t matter. They are just regular manual ones. So I did notice the bar you removed swivels around. I just ran to Home Depot and Lowe’s and couldn’t find the 3/4 in box tubing with 1/8 wall. All I could find was 3/4 with 1/16 wall thickness. Is that going to be to small? Not sure what to do in regards to that, even tried tractor supply.
36E1E039-8EFD-4BFF-93B1-FC67BC8011F6.jpeg
DF0D9763-4234-4EE4-81A1-3803CC0D68E7.jpeg

I used the seat tracks from the Fox seats. I welded angle iron to the round tubes for the square tubing to sit on, then welded the square tubing to that. Not sure if I have a photo, I'll look. Great deal on the seats, they look awesome.
IMG_1246.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I used the seat tracks from the Fox seats. I welded angle iron to the round tubes for the square tubing to sit on, then welded the square tubing to that. Not sure if I have a photo, I'll look. Great deal on the seats, they look awesome.
IMG_1246.JPG
Thanks man yeah couldn’t pass on that price plus he agreed to meet up so I didnt have to drive 3 hours one way which was great. I’m not sure what you mean by the angled iron but if you have a reference I’ll take it. Talked with @FoxMustangLvr and he gave me a pretty good idea about having the two tubings running front to back to be coped, instead of laying on top to keep from raising up the seat height

Well it’s coming along, now I just need to get it welded up and then mount the tracks and install these babies. Can’t wait to see these in the car. Tracks are off the passenger side was just measuring for the distance from center to center for the vertical bar spacing, but both seats are ready to go
013082EE-5C5D-4503-9C1C-A403ECF9D7F5.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Well got both seats all welded up, drilled the holes and mounted both tracks just need to get them in and I’ll post some pics. What to do with my old seats!!! I’ll probably sell them for like 100-150 for the pair maybe , idk what they are worth. Now my debate is whether i should just cover the rears with the corbeau black cloth covers, or get an upholstery to customize the rear seats out of a 2017 to match the fronts?? What are your all’s opinions!
C7A7405C-4F99-47EC-967D-150785F0723F.jpeg
AF9B40B2-2C6E-4AA4-A396-BE215FB72555.jpeg
059D8AD0-0132-4E57-AF2D-0CE90746D01A.jpeg
B65B048A-2A1E-4D34-B98F-41907D00FF0C.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Your old seats look to be in nice shape. I would clean them up and wrap them in plastic. Assuming you have a place to put them.
Yeah not bad for how old they are but not great. Has one hole on the drivers left thigh bolster, and a small rip in the pleather on the drivers left side bolster. Idk what I’d do with them if I saved them, could sell them but no tracks so dunno if anyone would want them. Have a friend who wants them but for the friend hook up of 50 bucks.

Reactions: 1 user
Took the seats and dropped them in. All I can is wow man! They look good, and feel great. So worth it, they are comfy and they hug you nicely. Seat height is not bad at all, I’m 6’1” 235 and they feel awesome, waaaaaay better than the stock seats. Only thing I might have to adjust after driving it is I might need to adjust the tracks forward slightly so I can get a little extra leg room. I left 3 inches of extra bar above the new horizontal cross bar. I drilled and mounted the tracks at 2 inches above said cross bar on the front to back or vertical bars. I sat in the seat, did some mock shifts and it feel ok, but agin need to drive the car and see how that goes, think it will be fine and idk what moving the tracks forward a 1/2 an inch or so if that would make a big difference in moving then seat back further or not. Overall I’m super happy with everything.
BF4893A9-51BD-4FE3-89BA-00E44E5887ED.jpeg
5B47EC1D-D01D-4B4E-AAA9-9AA24B194967.jpeg
E8727430-1D02-4661-816F-FE76B5DE7E9D.jpeg
516B07CC-ECDE-491B-925C-1C1FE5251DC9.jpeg
1639454E-DA4F-4CDE-A30A-C8B2C5E7C22C.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
The corbeau clutch rear covers might match that
Yeah that’s what I’m looking into currently, would like to see them in person but I’m sure they would match up fine for the most part. Or i could buy the upholstery out of a 2017 same style as my seats and have a shop customize them, bad thing is I’m sure that wouldn’t be cheap.

So how does seating height compare to the original fox seats? Higher? About the same? Lower?

Looking in eBay...these seats can be had fairly cheap.....Cheap compared to 15 year old terminator seats

So how does seating height compare to the original fox seats? Higher? About the same? Lower?

Looking in eBay...these seats can be had fairly cheap.....Cheap compared to 15 year old terminator seats
Well the sit up a little higher I guess but nothing that I feel is abnormal or uncomfortable etc. also might be that these are brand new, where my old fox seats were a little beat and worn from over the years. Def wouldn’t use anything bigger than the 3/4 in square tubing as I’m sure that would raise them up to high. Yeah they are surely out there, lucked out with these on Craigslist and the price was great.