24lb Inj. On stock motor.

My car has stock heads and cam, but ive got a ported cobra intake that ive been thinking about throwing on it just to have alittle more power till i get the other motor done to put h/c/i on. The MAF i have is for 24lb injectors, i have the injectors too but i was wondering if they would be to much injector for the car, its got long tubes, 3" exhuast, 3.73s, the cobra intake the lower has been ported alot, the upper is honed out, have a 70mm tb for it, also a bbk fuel pressure regulator. I want to just throw the stuff on for alittle pick up till i finish my other motor up (probly 6 months or so). Or should i just run the stock injectors and stock maf till i get the other stuff together.

Also i got a power pipe for it, i run nitrous on it would it hurt to mount my nozzle in the fender well? Ive heard it wouldnt be as effective with it mount all the way out there, i would kinda like to hide it though. Also heard it is more of a risk to back fire, is this true?

• Sponsors (?)

That's a bit much air and fuel for stock, unported heads. If you are going to run a dry shot, then it would help keep you from running lean...but then again, so would a good tune and a good dry kit.

24lb injectors are too big for my setup....but I built my motor from scratch and actually had a line on 12lb injectors and no 19s...so I had no choice. If I had the chance, I would step back down to 19s.

lol the injector is only going to supply as much fuel as is required. If its a 24lb injector, its not going to dump in 24lb/hr of fuel. I run 30lbers, and it runs better now than it did with my 19s. Gas mileage did not change. Planning for the future is always a good idea, no reason not to put them on now.

The 24's are going to be way to big for your combo. Aliate is correct that they are not going to supply 24# all the time. However the computer still thinks that there are 19# on there and every single fuel calculation in the computer is based of 19# injectors. Adding a matched MAF thats calibrated to 24# is just a bandaid. It just tricks the computer into thinking there is less air coming in and to use less fuel. This generally inaccurate and poorly calibrated.

Judging from the MAF size (76mm) it must be a C&L which are notorious for poor idle quality and cold start problems due to the "sampling tube" calibration method. the stock 19# injectors will support up to 300 NA horsepower...a level you will not even be close to even with all those mods.

IF you put that MAF and those injectors on the car, you will run into cold start idle problems and possible surging idle problems. Honestly its not worth the hassle for maybe a 5hp improvement...nothing you will feel thats for sure. Stick with the stock MAF/inj until you get that HCI motor together.

I agree about the MAF part, I heard all the horror stories with the C&L meters, I spent the extra money and got the pro-m. The car runs/idles better now than it did with the stock maf/injectors/tfs1 cam

I agree about the MAF part, I heard all the horror stories with the C&L meters, I spent the extra money and got the pro-m. The car runs/idles better now than it did with the stock maf/injectors/tfs1 cam

i agree. my car runs better now with the 24# injectors and pro-m meter than it did with my stock stuff. and i have stock heads and a stock cam with 1.7 rr's. then again, my motor went through a lot of changes when i put them on, not just upgraded injectors/maf.

Desided to just run the stock setup on the car like i have it till i get the other motor done and put all the new parts on it. I bought a power pipe and was going to put it on but needed som where to mount my nozzle, ive got a big shot plate for the cobra intake so thought about sticking it on there with my stock motor but im going ot finish my motor around tax time. Thanks James.