295, 305, or 315 on a 18x10 rim

Smak94

Apr 29, 2003
I recently ordered some Boyd Smoothie II's for my 94. I already have some 265/35 for the 18x9 fronts but need to order some tires for the rear. I would like to get the widest tire i can fit on 18x10's, tailpipe rubbing will not be problem since i will be going with a side exit exhaust.

I've done searches and found that a lot of people go with a 295 tire. Is it possible to go with anything wider?

Rear suspension is stock except for 1.5-2" lowering springs.

• Sponsors (?)

get the 315 if you can afford it, next set i do will be wider........

I got the 285/35's on mine, and wish i would've went wider...... :banghead: but they are bought now......you may have to remove your quads, but if you have good lca, you won't need them no way.......

the 285's and 295's aren't as wide as you think they will be......you'll see what i mean if you go with one of those.....

just my .02 cents/////

jason

i have 295's here..... i think they are perfect

771674_104_full.jpg

771674_94_full.jpg

771674_100_full.jpg

i would buy two from you.........lol

i would appreciate the pics, i am looking for an excuse to put the really wide drag radials on mine..... wife is kinda not wanted me to spend the 600$ on it though...

jason

Thanks for the replies guys. From the responces and research i've been doing, I don't think I will be satisfied with 295's. I decided to go with 315/30 PZero Pirelli since i couldn't find a 305 that wasn't a drag radial. I'll tell you one thing, these size tires sure arent cheap! :( Pirelli's were the cheapest I've found for 315 each, and thats because they were on sale.

I'll keep this post updated when I receive the wheels and tires. Should look pretty sweet.

Smak94 said:
I'll tell you one thing, these size tires sure arent cheap! :( Pirelli's were the cheapest I've found for 315 each, and thats because they were on sale.

:jaw: Wow, I thought mine were expensive. The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's that I posted above were only $277 each. Then $80 each for the one's up front.