295/50/15 and tire rub?

dubbsix

Oct 18, 2006
Katy,TX
I know we kick this around alot, but i had a slightly different question. I have a set of a Weld RodLites that are 15x8 in the back. The guy i bought the rims from put on 295/50/15's in the back and im getting tire rub when i drive it.

What can i do reduce rub? Right off the bat i was thinking a smaller tire, but what size?

• Sponsors (?)

I know we kick this around alot, but i had a slightly different question. I have a set of a Weld RodLites that are 15x8 in the back. The guy i bought the rims from put on 295/50/15's in the back and im getting tire rub when i drive it.

What can i do reduce rub? Right off the bat i was thinking a smaller tire, but what size?
275/50-15 should be perfect, you may get a little rubbing on hard launches and goin in and out of inclines and such, but thats it.

Yes. The top of the tire seems to be rubbing. How do you roll the lip of the fender? I would prefer to go down to a smaller tire since i dont want them rubbing when i turn either.

I think THINK its 5.25 OR something like that. They fit just fine but they rub at the top of the fender.