295/50-16 dr's

• Sponsors (?)

That tire is WAAAAAAY too wide to safely fit on a 7-inch rim. Even a 9-inch rim is on the bare edge of fitting. A 295/50 is also a full 2 inches taller than the stock 225/55R16.

You may experience some high speed stability issues with the sidewalls bulging that much on a stock wheel. Pick up a wider wheel for them, please. I hate reading the "I wrecked my car" stories.

anybody had any experience with the M/T. 255/60-16 dr?
anybody got pics of them on their car? mt says you can use a 7'' tim with them.

I was going to use mt 255/50-16 on my car i waited the 6 week back order then they called and said that they wouldnt be shipped until march!!! So I said screw it and have the BFG's Drag radials on mine with the 255/50/16. They dont rub at all and fit the stock ponys with the 7inch rim. Also after getting the bfgs I know they hook better than the nitto 555r's i had. Although I do like the tread look of the mt better than the bfg.

i got 295/50/15 on the rears and 265 50/15 on the front...I had to massage the inner fenders alot(not bad at all), I had the fender lips rolled, Removed quads, Eibach lowering springs, Lower control arms, The will rub if your speeding fast 80mph and hit a big dip or dip in the road. sometimes in parking lots the fronts will rub on max turn and I hit a dip in the road, not bad at all...As for on the stock rims the Im running 1 in bigger than the rim will allow The tire shop said it really should be on at least a 8" rim at the bare min, But he said it will be ok. Nothing bad will come out of going a 1in bigger. an inch wont hurt. I was pretty concerned when asking the tire shop, the rule of thumb for 295 tire was 8-10" rim and its mostly for liability purpose. He said it will be fine and nothing will happen, only the possibility of tires wearing alittle faster, it should be fine.

i got 295/50/15 on the rears and 265 50/15 on the front...I had to massage the inner fenders alot(not bad at all), I had the fender lips rolled, Removed quads, Eibach lowering springs, Lower control arms, The will rub if your speeding fast 80mph and hit a big dip or dip in the road. sometimes in parking lots the fronts will rub on max turn and I hit a dip in the road, not bad at all...As for on the stock rims the Im running 1 in bigger than the rim will allow The tire shop said it really should be on at least a 8" rim at the bare min, But he said it will be ok. Nothing bad will come out of going a 1in bigger. an inch wont hurt. I was pretty concerned when asking the tire shop, the rule of thumb for 295 tire was 8-10" rim and its mostly for liability purpose. He said it will be fine and nothing will happen, only the possibility of tires wearing alittle faster, it should be fine.

are those dr's or regular tires?
and why do you need lca's if you remove the quad shocks?
o yeah do you have a pic?

Regular street tires, I did LCAs for better traction, and because I heard If you remove quad shocks youll def need LCA's...Stockers suck and give wheel hop esp if you remove the quads...Pics yea..
1128071559b-1.jpg

1127070904blacked.jpg

Attachments

• 1128071559b-1.jpg
    1128071559b-1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 1127070904blacked.jpg
    1127070904blacked.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 279