295's on a 9" rim?

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
I've turned into a bit of a n00b since I stopped posting so much and got out of the "car thing" for a while, but I can't remember...

275/35/18 will be alright up front on a lowered mustang, right? :shrug:

And... Will 295's fit on a 9" wheel? I know 285's fit and looked good, just wasn't sure about 295's.. if I did that, they'd be on the back wheels.

I've got 18x9" FRPP FR500's, btw.

Anyone have any pics of 275's up front or 295's on a 9" rim?

• Sponsors (?)

I have 275/40/17's on the front of mine, 26" tall tires. They clear just fine with no rubbing whatsoever. My car is lowered about 1 1/2". As for the 295's fitting a 9" wheel, it should but might also depend on the brand. For example, I have 315/35/17 Nitto dr's on my 17x9 cobra r's and they look pretty good, imo. Just a slight bulge in the sidewall. Here is a photo...
SD530628.jpg

I have 275/40/17's on the front of mine, 26" tall tires. They clear just fine with no rubbing whatsoever. My car is lowered about 1 1/2". As for the 295's fitting a 9" wheel, it should but might also depend on the brand. For example, I have 315/35/17 Nitto dr's on my 17x9 cobra r's and they look pretty good, imo. Just a slight bulge in the sidewall. Here is a photo...
SD530628.jpg

Do you have more pics of the rear wheel? Was going to get a 275 on my 9 inch rear thinking that was the max. also going with nitto too. will the 315 nt555 street tires fit?

Do you have more pics of the rear wheel? Was going to get a 275 on my 9 inch rear thinking that was the max. also going with nitto too. will the 315 nt555 street tires fit?

Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find another one. I think that Nitto's in general run a little narrower than other brands. I think those will fit, but I really don't know for sure.
Just snapped this one. Hope this helps!
SD530752.jpg

Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find another one. I think that Nitto's in general run a little narrower than other brands. I think those will fit, but I really don't know for sure.
Just snapped this one. Hope this helps!
SD530752.jpg

Thanks man. Just dont want to spend 400+ on 2 tires and then they dont fit. This is the first I have seen a 315 on a 9 inch wheel. I know Nitto runs narrow but wow. Looks sick!:nice:

Thanks man. Just dont want to spend 400+ on 2 tires and then they dont fit. This is the first I have seen a 315 on a 9 inch wheel. I know Nitto runs narrow but wow. Looks sick!:nice:

No problem, and thanks for the compliment! I would think they would be really close to the same width, sidewall to sidewall. You could always drop an email to http://www.nittotire.com/#Home or just give them a call and ask it they are the same actual size, not just rated size.

Sweet! Thanks man!

I was thinking about going with BFG KDW2's in the 295/35/18 size. I've had them in 265's and 275's and love them.. but I wish GS-D3's came in 295's, those were my favorite. But who knows, they might now (I haven't checked in a while).

Any other pics you have of the rear tires?