300hp 5.0 info

Im looking for 300-325hp. I scored a pair of GT40 heads from a lightning for $300. There rebuilt to factory specs and only have 200 miles on them. I was also going to run a Trick flow stage 1 cam and possibly get the TFS valve spring upgrade for the gt40 heads to match the tfs cam. I also already have an explorer intake with 65mm throttle body, and also a 93 cobra ECU i got all for free. A really nice ram air intake that iv built myself in the past. 1 5/8 shorties, 2.5 in h-pipe no cats, mac cat back. Would it be a good idea to maybe upgrade to 24Ib injectors and a 70mm MAF with these mods? Does anybody think these mods can take me to my 300hp goal? Any info would help. thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Would it be a good idea to maybe upgrade to 24Ib injectors and a 70mm MAF with these mods? Does anybody think these mods can take me to my 300hp goal? Any info would help. thanks guys

If you plan on running the Cobra ECU, then yes - you are going to want to use 24lbs injectors, and it would be a good idea to get a MAF that is Cobra specific as well. Good luck, sounds like your gonna have a nice set up! :nice:

Sounds like the same set up im going to install on mine but im going to use a TFS street burner intake, Have your heads been milled? Im concerend about about the bigger chambers droping the comp. ratio. (sorry not trying to jack your thread)

Im looking for 300-325hp. I scored a pair of GT40 heads from a lightning for $300. There rebuilt to factory specs and only have 200 miles on them. I was also going to run a Trick flow stage 1 cam and possibly get the TFS valve spring upgrade for the gt40 heads to match the tfs cam. I also already have an explorer intake with 65mm throttle body, and also a 93 cobra ECU i got all for free. A really nice ram air intake that iv built myself in the past. 1 5/8 shorties, 2.5 in h-pipe no cats, mac cat back. Would it be a good idea to maybe upgrade to 24Ib injectors and a 70mm MAF with these mods? Does anybody think these mods can take me to my 300hp goal? Any info would help. thanks guys

Your mods should take you to about 315 flywheel HP or 275rwhp. A 70mm MAF would be good but you don't need 24lb injectors just yet. Just install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in case you need to raise the fuel pressure and upgrade the fuel pump.

Sounds like the same set up im going to install on mine but im going to use a TFS street burner intake, Have your heads been milled? Im concerend about about the bigger chambers droping the comp. ratio. (sorry not trying to jack your thread)

No there not milled. I think the cumbustion chambers are 64cc. Correct me if im wrong. I was alittle worried about that too. But i just bought a complete powerdyne BD11a kit, and its already been rebuild by 928 motorsports. I scored the whole kit for $900. So since im gonna boost this thing, I could probably aford to go alil lower compression.