302 h/c s/c build.

Rafas550

Jan 29, 2019
Stockton, ca
I’m new to the forum but I’m currently building my 67 mustang with a 302 from a mountaineer with trickflow 190cc 56cc 11r heads, f303 cam, scorpion 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8 headers but I’m debating on which exhaust set up to run as far as piping size. Can anyone help? I’m stuck between 3” or 2.5”. Will be running both 91 pump gas and e85. Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if it’s not.

• Sponsors (?)

Why spend a butload on the standalone ECU and use the fcam? Lol. I do alot of standalone tuning and really like the more affordable, more capable megasquirt stuff. (Only thing I have against the Holley is you have to use all there proprietary extras if you want boost control vvt ect.)

Sounds like a good starting point so far. My advice, ditch the cam and get a better one.

Why spend a butload on the standalone ECU and use the fcam? Lol. I do alot of standalone tuning and really like the more affordable, more capable megasquirt stuff. (Only thing I have against the Holley is you have to use all there proprietary extras if you want boost control vvt ect.)

Sounds like a good starting point so far. My advice, ditch the cam and get a better one.
I was just worried about piston to valve clearence since it’s a stock block and all. I’m basically prepping it so when I go with a 408 or something it’s set for it just new cam and bigger blower. And my tuner is picky ‍♂️. If he even tunes it. I’m really looking for a reputable fox body tuner because I wanna put this car to the test. I know this guy is good but idk sometimes lol. does Mega squirt have more capabilities? I’m running ls coil packs as well with a holley dual sync distributor.

Obviously don't take anyone's word for it do some reading and some research for yourself but anyone using a stand alone should be able to tune the car themselves it's not that difficult once you get started. Look at and MS3 pro It will be able to do everything you want to do and then some you can wire anything you want to it it's about as flexible as it gets that thing will even run VVT on all 4 cams on a new Coyote motor

Obviously don't take anyone's word for it do some reading and some research for yourself but anyone using a stand alone should be able to tune the car themselves it's not that difficult once you get started. Look at and MS3 pro It will be able to do everything you want to do and then some you can wire anything you want to it it's about as flexible as it gets that thing will even run VVT on all 4 cams on a new Coyote motor

I might tinker around with it myself that for a bit. I have general knowledge on tunining so I’m sure with enough driving and data logging I can get it down. And adjust per track conditions.