302 to 351 fuel injected swap?

shifterpilot5.0

May 20, 2005
Ok, Im trying to make up my mind mabe you guys can help...
I have the old familiar delima, My engine is ready to retire. I have a 302 sitting in storage ready to be put back together, and replace this old worn out one. But I want to go faster, I also have a 351 short block sitting in there too. Im thinking... Put the new aluminum heads on the 351, and the new Trick flow stage2 cam in there(for 302 fireing order) and then I've heard the truck lower intake will bolt up to the holley upper? If so that problem is solved and will the 302 long tube headers work that I have on there too?
If you have done this or know anything that might help me decide I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The 351w swap is very worth while.

Do a few searches on here and you will get some quality info.

I have a FAQ on my website (link in my sig). I would cut&paste it here, but Stangnet is a bear with formatting. :mad:
Let me know what you think about the FAQ, as I am looking for feedback for further revisions.:)

The 302 headers will not bolt right in due to the extra width/height of the 351w. I am not sure about Holley, but many of the aftermarket intake producers have upper intakes that will bolt up the both the 302 and 351w. If that is the case then you would only need the lower intake.
There are some more details to the swap though.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Good Luck
jason

You don't need to switch cams to get the HO firing order. The 351s have always had the 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 firing order. You might need to switch to get the roller cam though, I don't know if too many 351s came with roller cams.