347 RUNNING HOT

• Sponsors (?)

I owe a lot of you apologies that were insisting it was the fan combo....:(
Uh... I believe I said,
When you find out it's the shroud, you owe everyone a beer. :rlaugh: :cheers:
We will take delivery of your apology in the form of our favorite frosty beverage, delivered personally, by you, in your fox mustang so that we'll have something enjoyable to look at while we drink said apology!

Good :poo:, man. I'm glad you got your car driving, again!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I forgot the most important part to my problem......
After I rebuilt the engine, I was still running a stock rad (less than a year old) and an oem clutch fan with underdrive pullies and it was running hot as it is now.
This is when I decided to upgrade to the SVE rad/electric fans and ditch the under drive pullies.
I'm leaning towards the problem being related to headgasket orientation..........

You have to install them that way so that the coolant ports in the gasket will be at the rear of the block.

If the coolant ports get positioned at the front of the block the engine will overheat because coolant wont circulate to the rear of the engine.The most important thing is to orientate both gaskets so the end thats labeled front goes on the front of the block.

Its true about having to check calibration against a mechanical gauge...Holley sender units and everyine made are read differently by Holley systems...

If you go to the sensor settings you can change the sensors offset to make the sensor accurate but you still have to do 4-6 month periodic sensor calibrations to ensure accuracy because 1 had a 125.00 sensor work great in the spring and crappy in the summer.....

From what I read if it s really running hot Id go over how you installed the head gaskets.....When I build my engines I take lots of pictures of the processes throughout this way if a problem arises I can go back to the pictures to verify I did the process right.........

Good Luck

Its true about having to check calibration against a mechanical gauge...Holley sender units and everyine made are read differently by Holley systems...

If you go to the sensor settings you can change the sensors offset to make the sensor accurate but you still have to do 4-6 month periodic sensor calibrations to ensure accuracy because 1 had a 125.00 sensor work great in the spring and crappy in the summer.....

From what I read if it s really running hot Id go over how you installed the head gaskets.....When I build my engines I take lots of pictures of the processes throughout this way if a problem arises I can go back to the pictures to verify I did the process right.........

Good Luck
He said his gaskets are the right orientation . He fixed it by adding the needed cfm of better fans

I’ve had a Holley on my car since 2018 . Never had to re calibrate the sensor or re scale . I’ve installed these things in about 6 cars already .

Reactions: 1 user