351 IN A 88 LX

I have gotten my hands on a 1979 351 Windsor motor it has a 2barrel carb and its casting numbers indicate it to be out of a full size/Galaxy i am wondering if anyone would know the stock Hp and Torque ratings on this motor. and will it bolt up to my borg warner 5 speed? what kind of upgrades are easy to jump my power ratings in that motor. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have gotten my hands on a 1979 351 Windsor motor it has a 2barrel carb and its casting numbers indicate it to be out of a full size/Galaxy i am wondering if anyone would know the stock Hp and Torque ratings on this motor. and will it bolt up to my borg warner 5 speed? what kind of upgrades are easy to jump my power ratings in that motor. thanks.

I don't have the torque rating but I know the HP rating was 160hp. get better heads, cam and intake carb setup ( if you are staying carb ). you got the cubes but pretty much the start of the worst of the emission years and choke off of the motors.

i have full fuel injection system upper and lower intakes off of a 1995 5.8 pick up. the car has all the wiring in place for fuel injection. i was told the computer is the old style. in 89 they went to mass system and i have the year prior making my car virtually alot less tunable. i am not sure how that was ment but should i just yank it and go carburated or try dropping the injection in and seeing where that takes me.thanks

stay EFI and do the mass air ECM swap! Do you know almost all the parts for a 302 fits the 351's? You will need some 351 swap spacific parts to fit in a fox. heres my build http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...uild-pics.html peace

how hard is that ecm swap? i know the difference is 1.25" on the stroke the windsor has a higher deck height. but i am not sure what works on a swap. i mean i have a good set of 5.0 heads off a 93 F150 . are those compatable? and would they be worth the swap? thanks.

My motor looks identical shape to yours in your first pic. looks like your project is comin along nicely. what are you doing for Heads? aluminum?