351C in a 67 Mustang Question

geo67stang

Jan 30, 2009
Souderton PA
I just bought a 67 mustang project car. I was offered a 351C with a top loader 4 speed. The car now has a 289 / c4 trans.Will it fit and is there a site where to find all the information on the swap.Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Sponsors (?)

351c

I ran a 351c in my 67 for about 10 years. No mods needed. The longtube headers were a real headache though. I had Hookers which at the time were the only ones available for the 2v Aussie heads. They scraped on most driveways and eventually crushed the tubes. Changing plugs is a couple of an hour affair also. I have since swiched to a Paxton supercharged 302 and love it.

I ran a 351c in my 67 for about 10 years. No mods needed. The longtube headers were a real headache though. I had Hookers which at the time were the only ones available for the 2v Aussie heads. They scraped on most driveways and eventually crushed the tubes. Changing plugs is a couple of an hour affair also. I have since swiched to a Paxton supercharged 302 and love it.

Sounds to me like Hooker copied the FE headers for these cars in designing the Cleveland headers. Same story with my 67 with a 390 and 427.:notnice:

When I found the headers I have I didn't think they were for a Mustang because the tubes were so long and snaked all over the place. There was a '67 Cougar in the shop at the time with no engine so I mocked it up, and it fit perfectly down to the previous owner's dings in the tubes to clear some components.