351W stroker in a fox

92armyGT

Dec 22, 2009
Oregon
I'm looking into doing the 351 swap in my 92' GT. I was wondering if anybody has the knowlege that I need. I do not know where to begin in a fox. I have put a 351 in a classic mustang, but never did anything to a fox. I am trying to find out what parts I can keep and what I need to change. I know the 351W is based off the 302, and a lot parts can stay. Any help will be appriciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Still looking for the motor, but going for a 92 or newer. I want the roller block. Yes it will be EFI. So am i going to have to get a new computer also, or get mine reflashed or get a chip? I did not know thats all you really need to do the swap. Also, can the 351 bolt up to the t-5. I am going to change the trans eventually, but for now, I have to keep the t-5. Will the HO upper bolt to the 351 lower, and do you know if there will be any clearance issues with the hood?

Still looking for the motor, but going for a 92 or newer. I want the roller block. Yes it will be EFI. So am i going to have to get a new computer also, or get mine reflashed or get a chip? I did not know thats all you really need to do the swap. Also, can the 351 bolt up to the t-5. I am going to change the trans eventually, but for now, I have to keep the t-5. Will the HO upper bolt to the 351 lower, and do you know if there will be any clearance issues with the hood?
The trans and bellhousings are the same, a stock computer will work and clearance may be a problem depending on which motor mounts you run.I'd just get a cowl hood

If you do the 351 swap, you will want a better flowing intake than the stock ho upper. I have a gt40 tubuler on my 357 and it's starving for more air. Great advice I have heard on this forum is if you put 302 parts on a 351, you will get 302 power from the 351. If you are going to go through the hassle of the swap, make it worth it and bolt some better flowing hardware on it, otherwise you will simply have a heavier motor in your fox