4.6 spitting o-rings out of 2 injectors

Confused. When do you get the 90psi? Explain the exact
Conditions
i drove 25 mins home from work (highway) - was watching the FRP and it jumped up 51 3x and thought it odd. Anyhow, I got home and realize if i turn the key back i thought i was only goin back 1 click but was going back 2 click and shutting off the scanner - so I moved it forward 1 click and it started reading fuel pressure again. It was like at 50 then kept slowly creeping up. I took stills and video of it - i was able to duplicate it twice by starting the engine again and watching it again.

I just got back from skiing and mustang was cooled down so I turned the key to the same exact spot but didn't start it and it read a constant 47-48 PSI. I started the engine and ran it 30 seconds and running 40 psi at idle and then turned the key back to just on and it stayed at 48 PSI again. so this is what I think is expected, BUT what I saw around lunch time was reading 90 psi. I figure that after it heat soaks a bit it's probably jumping to 100 psi and pushing that fuel rails up and orings out.

so what fuel pump is a good one or doesn't it matter the brand? I can hit up rockauto or just a parts store.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5695.webp
    IMG_5695.webp
    470 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5702.webp
    IMG_5702.webp
    362.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5703.webp
    IMG_5703.webp
    343.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5706.webp
    IMG_5706.webp
    359.6 KB · Views: 4
i drove 25 mins home from work (highway) - was watching the FRP and it jumped up 51 3x and thought it odd. Anyhow, I got home and realize if i turn the key back i thought i was only goin back 1 click but was going back 2 click and shutting off the scanner - so I moved it forward 1 click and it started reading fuel pressure again. It was like at 50 then kept slowly creeping up. I took stills and video of it - i was able to duplicate it twice by starting the engine again and watching it again.

I just got back from skiing and mustang was cooled down so I turned the key to the same exact spot but didn't start it and it read a constant 47-48 PSI. I started the engine and ran it 30 seconds and running 40 psi at idle and then turned the key back to just on and it stayed at 48 PSI again. so this is what I think is expected, BUT what I saw around lunch time was reading 90 psi. I figure that after it heat soaks a bit it's probably jumping to 100 psi and pushing that fuel rails up and orings out.

so what fuel pump is a good one or doesn't it matter the brand? I can hit up rockauto or just a parts store.
THAT!!!... Peaking to 51psi is nothing to worry about, let's be honest here, blowing that rail off and BENDING THE RAIL HOLDS which was the OP would be sick pressure man, no way no how... Please replace your rail... Unless you have the incorrect length injectors, I mean bro some cars we run @OVER60-80PSI on E85 no problem EVER!!!...

Mark
 
THAT!!!... Peaking to 51psi is nothing to worry about, let's be honest here, blowing that rail off and BENDING THE RAIL HOLDS which was the OP would be sick pressure man, no way no how... Please replace your rail... Unless you have the incorrect length injectors, I mean bro some cars we run @OVER60-80PSI on E85 no problem EVER!!!...

Mark
Don't start throwing parts at it that won't change anything (FUEL pressure and FUEL PUMP IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO)... Either buy the eBay rail or preferably buy a good upgraded one and call it a day, no fuel pressure is going to BLOW that thing off unless you have a different issue, you showed us a photo of a BENT rail... I agree hypothetically bending it back would be OK but those fukers' are tough metal too, maybe it has a bad connection/weld where the bracket connects to the actual rail, dig in deeper...

Mark
 
THAT!!!... Peaking to 51psi is nothing to worry about, let's be honest here, blowing that rail off and BENDING THE RAIL HOLDS which was the OP would be sick pressure man, no way no how... Please replace your rail... Unless you have the incorrect length injectors, I mean bro some cars we run @OVER60-80PSI on E85 no problem EVER!!!...

Mark
i don't know, maybe your right but i will verify it tomorrow afternoon once I get my analog gauge adapter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: highplace11