4 cylinder conversion(sorry if this has been asked before)

efi2fly

Founding Member
Jun 28, 1999
Hampton, VA, USA
I have an 87 GT donor car for a 4 cylinder conversion on a 91 notchback. I was hoping someone may have done this and know what all is involved. I plan to switch from EFI to carb, do i need to add a mechanical fuel pump, do i need to do anything in the tank or to the lines? I think I have to change the radiator also. The GT rearend will also be going in, I plan to use the four cylinder springs in the back. I want to find a C-4 auto, how do i know which models will bolt up to my 302, also what size converter should i use for a mild motor? What about the brake system ( master cylinder, booster, lines, etc..)? I am also curious about how the guys in the magazines clean up under the hood, only leaving whats necessary, how do you know what can go and what can stay? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You need from the spindles out on the brakes from the V8 car. The brake lines on the GT rearend are on the opposite sides of the 4 cyl rearend. Since you're going carb'd it is going to be very simple in moving all the wires, you pretty much only need the ones on the left side and you can hide those in the inner fender. As far as the fuel pump, you will not be able to use the one from the EFI car.