4100 Carb

• Sponsors (?)

I hate to sound like a stuck record but I talked to them today also and they have know idea where to buy one. The guy said I should buy a 4100 off of eBay and use it. I’d hate too pay 300 or more for the screw. Thanks I’ll keep lookin. I may try and make one out of a regular 3/16 bolt.

I hate to sound like a stuck record but I talked to them today also and they have know idea where to buy one. The guy said I should buy a 4100 off of eBay and use it. I’d hate too pay 300 or more for the screw. Thanks I’ll keep lookin. I may try and make one out of a regular 3/16 bolt.
Hi,
No sweat, bro! Not your fault they all run different thread pitch angles & made it so darn difficult. I’m the one who should be apologetic, I’m 0 for 2 right now...:bang:
Surprised Mike’s didn’t have one..
I guess I also forget the advantage of machine shop access & the specific tools to replicate any non std. threads or part(s) I fail to locate, require.
That being said, what choke screw is it- precisely? Categorized exploded view(s) below..
I’ll see what I have in the shop, had a few Autolite 2 & 4V’s, maybe I still do. Could single point one on the lathe if it actually comes down to that, need thread specific’s.
Option(s):
- The EB sellers that are specific 4100 parts may find or take one off a parts Carb if you request it via message.
- There an older local automotive machine shop where you’re at? You’d be surprised at the things they accumulate & May do for you if you drop by (Carb in hand).
Mod’s:
1) There another screw on the Carb with the correct thread that’d work if you had another? Maybe one of those you can buy.
2) Redrill & tap to the next size & use the appropriate fastener type running a (USS) STD. thread.(Altering it over a Screw?I’m only adding it as it is an option. Keeping it unmodified OE is the smartest move).
3) Run a smaller fastener that fits through the existing hole with nuts on either side to allow it to adjust (until you locate another).
4) Could also start/throw another thread up as seeking that screw, highly likely someone has a 4100 parts Carb on SN, adding the exploded view above with the exact part highlighted, so its easy for others to ID & there’s no mistakes. Worth a try?
-John

Hi,
No sweat, bro! Not your fault they all run different thread pitch angles & made it so darn difficult. I’m the one who should be apologetic, I’m 0 for 2 right now...:bang:
Surprised Mike’s didn’t have one..
I guess I also forget the advantage of machine shop access & the specific tools to replicate any non std. threads or part(s) I fail to locate, require.
That being said, what choke screw is it- precisely? Categorized exploded view(s) below..
I’ll see what I have in the shop, had a few Autolite 2 & 4V’s, maybe I still do. Could single point one on the lathe if it actually comes down to that, need thread specific’s.
Option(s):
- The EB sellers that are specific 4100 parts may find or take one off a parts Carb if you request it via message.
- There an older local automotive machine shop where you’re at? You’d be surprised at the things they accumulate & May do for you if you drop by (Carb in hand).
Mod’s:
1) There another screw on the Carb with the correct thread that’d work if you had another? Maybe one of those you can buy.
2) Redrill & tap to the next size & use the appropriate fastener type running a (USS) STD. thread.(Altering it over a Screw?I’m only adding it as it is an option. Keeping it unmodified OE is the smartest move).
3) Run a smaller fastener that fits through the existing hole with nuts on either side to allow it to adjust (until you locate another).
4) Could also start/throw another thread up as seeking that screw, highly likely someone has a 4100 parts Carb on SN, adding the exploded view above with the exact part highlighted, so its easy for others to ID & there’s no mistakes. Worth a try?
-John
image.jpg
image.jpg I took the one out of my 65 A code