417 Motorsports Front End

• Sponsors (?)

Those first cuts had to be a little nerve racking I would guess.

It was at first but I decided it was what was needed for the car and what I wanna do with it.

so how bad of a job is it?

It's not really I used a cut off wheel from top to bottom once I got to the frame rails I did the cut off wheel and finished it with the sawzall since I still have the headers on the car.

That is a wrap this install was a lot easier then I thought it would be. I messed up the top side frame rail but a few bent plates and I was back in action.
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2685.JPG
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2700.JPG
IMG_2701.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
looks great man! my only issue doing it would be putting motor plate tabs on the tubes vs the square frame rail. i dont have access to the CNC plasma anymore so cutting tabs is a lot harder than it would have been before

looks great man! my only issue doing it would be putting motor plate tabs on the tubes vs the square frame rail. i dont have access to the CNC plasma anymore so cutting tabs is a lot harder than it would have been before
D480247A-80A6-4675-95E1-9B207D54C6DD.jpeg
I didn’t think it looked like that much of an issue but I’ve never had CNC access to begin with lol. Mine was never gonna be that fancy.

I wonder... For someone like myself who'd like to keep the sway bar - Can I leave the frame rails a little long and then weld the tube frame on past that, or does it defeat the purpose entirely?

I wonder... For someone like myself who'd like to keep the sway bar - Can I leave the frame rails a little long and then weld the tube frame on past that, or does it defeat the purpose entirely?
im sure you would have to modify what they make or have them do it. but the frame rails on the X car are stock till the motor plate per the rules. then its all tube after that.

Reactions: 1 user
I have to imagine that involves the crash bar.
It’s a a significant loss though for sure.
I should weigh the old fox front end, I still have it for whatever reason

Reactions: 1 users
The stock nose doesn't weigh 65 lbs I think that number is pretty loaded because they are adding the fact that you now have to relocate the battery to the trunk of the car which that alone is 15-20 lbs. I'd say what I chopped off was about 30-35 lbs and the tubular 417 is 14 lbs

The stock nose doesn't weigh 65 lbs I think that number is pretty loaded because they are adding the fact that you now have to relocate the battery to the trunk of the car which that alone is 15-20 lbs. I'd say what I chopped off was about 30-35 lbs and the tubular 417 is 14 lbs

I saw a post somewhere and they weighed both back to back. I think it was around 27lbs.

Joe

Cool to see it done with motor in car. I just went and looked at my crashed car and came to the conclusion that it was very doable. Specially with a SBF. Doesnt look that bad really. Far as the install goes. I guess the radiator just bolts to the tabs on the top support bar? If i do it, i could fab up simple brackets or whatever to make it work anyway.