Progress Thread 43 years later

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reminder @74stang2togo! I forgot you asked about this @Enzio: here's my setup. The manifold comes with a plate that mounts to the manifold that the bracket then mounts to. It's not easy to see in these pics, but I think you can make it out. One of the screws that holds that plate is under the throttle cable bracket.

IMG_20200820_131825.jpg
IMG_20200820_131832.jpg
Thank you and @74stang2togo for the pics. I appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh thats a nice Walleye

bout time you posted a fish pic
so no ugly fish pic today

I was skunked up till that point. I just got home and am doing laundry and thawing out one of those fillets for supper tonight. Thankfully I don't think I need detox.
Thank you for no ugly fish pic today.
Going to see the car tomorrow. The second coat of prime is on.

Reactions: 1 users
Progress update...apparently I've moved ahead of the Camaro...

Attachments

• 2ndprime1.jpg
    2ndprime1.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 2ndprime2.jpg
    2ndprime2.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 2ndprime3.jpg
    2ndprime3.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2ndprime4.jpg
    2ndprime4.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2ndprime5.jpg
    2ndprime5.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
I went to the boneyard today to look for the wire harness to prepare for the 3G alternator upgrade, thank you @LILCBRA , and look what I found.
I nabbed the trim ring for the manual shifter on the center counsel. And I got the harness too. Got out of there for less than $10.

Attachments

• Boneyard1.jpg
    Boneyard1.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 85
  • boneyard2.jpg
    boneyard2.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 83
  • boneyard3.jpg
    boneyard3.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 92
yup, junk yards out here don't have cars older than 10 yrs, they crush em.

I swap ya a dash board hula gal and $ for the clutch tube and such... :D

HeavenlyTerrificKilldeer-max-1mb.gif

When I bought my transmission I ordered a new yoke. I'm assuming the big chunk of iron on the original yoke just goes away when I shorten the driveshaft and have it re-balanced? Has anyone who did a T5 swap had this issue?

Attachments

• yoke.jpg
    yoke.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 66
I reused my yoke, so mine is still intact. I dunno if it matters or not when swapping transmissions. :shrug:
I'd make a guess it's probably not needed, the shop should balance the driveshaft before it leaves. My guess is that that part of original yoke is some sort of harmonic balancer, but I could be wrong.....

I reused my yoke, so mine is still intact. I dunno if it matters or not when swapping transmissions. :shrug:
I'd make a guess it's probably not needed, the shop should balance the driveshaft before it leaves. My guess is that that part of original yoke is some sort of harmonic balancer, but I could be wrong.....

My thoughts also. Do the guys that shorten and balance the drive shaft need the yoke installed?

as far as I know they need the yoke installed. I cut up the outer ring with an angler grinder at two opposit positions and removed it with a hammer and than removed the rubber. It's a damper and not needed.