Progress Thread 43 years later

I have just a rod with a ball joint bolted to the clutch pedal (no levers). My master and slave have the same diameter, so I have a similar distance from pivot to cable attachment. You can have a look to my build thread there are some pictures with the master clutch cylinder beside the brake cylinder (without booster)...

So does your master cylinder pull? I mean are you attaching to the top of the clutch pedal?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry. Its my bad description. The rod is pushing. And the rod is attached below the pivot point of the clutch pedal. The distance between clutch pedal pivot point and hydraulic cylinder is the same as the distance between clutch pedal pivot point and cable clutch attachment. Because clutch cable and my hydraulic cylinders have the same ratio 1:1 (which every cable has... obvious). My clutch master sits a little bit lower than the brake master and very close to the side wall of the engine bay. I have a reinforcement plate mounted inside the firewall.
It's a solid line in the beginning and than there is a bracket where the solid line is elongated by a hose. It's like every brake system. You can also use a pre made steel flex line with the right length. A friend is running the same lada hydraulic cylinders with long steel flex in his 64 rally falcon. I like more the clean look with the solid line and the short flex hose underneath.
My slave cylinder sits behind the clutch fork.
I can make more pictures, when I will finish the exhaust. I try to get better pictures with less frontlighting.

Here is a better picture:
img_20190330_164857-jpg.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
An air cleaner, GT40P heads, and a master cylinder? :jester:

Oh wait, not that pic.....

Left, right, and a half empty beer mug held by the owner of both sides? Do they need to drink beer first?? I thought they came that way, just that some models were more equipped than others..... :shrug:

I found a combination that will work easily...but it is sooo expensive.
Malwood clutch pedal and tilton slave. Set it up right the first time and you're done.

I didn't think about it when I bought the new wheels but I paid for "security lugs" when I got them. The paint/body shop called and wanted the key. They didn't have one.
Me: "You've got 50 cars in there all different makes and models. You don't have a key?
Them: "Not that one. We've tried everyone we have and none of them fit."
Me: "I'll be out there shortly."
Them: "You should buy another key."
Me: "You got that right. I guess they really work if you guys can't get them off."

Attachments

• Sandblasting.jpg
    Sandblasting.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 80
Buy yourself 4 cheap 1/2" deepwell sockets and pound them on the lock nuts. No key required. :)
You'll need some new lug nuts afterward.....