Progress Thread 43 years later

You read my mind all the way across the globe!
It tool a longggggggg time to get this done. But here is the first one. I'll put it together tomorrow and start in on the second one.
Headers are getting blasted and ceramic coated.

Attachments

• motor mounts1.jpg
    motor mounts1.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

The passenger side was separated from the bracket. I'm working on the driver side today. It was in good shape but I'm tearing it apart anyway just so both sides match with the same material. It's a brutal job...like trying to replace the heater core without pulling the dash.
Ask me how I know that.

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of wiper blades are you using? I'm going to need a new set when I get back on the road. I had issues on the fishing road trip last summer.

Sorry but Come on yours is about to be better than mine and 74stang2go put together
and I'm jealous.

Just digging myself deeper here common on LILCBRA save me!

alright I'm going for misdirection
Squirrel!!!

91793b736bc9749f1dcce3543577ac1d.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm really excited no doubt. Even though the Corona Virus took me out of action for about 3 weeks or so, and the Riots took another 2 weeks. I'm really excited.
I called my old machinist buddy who only works on race car engines and he's retired. His son now runs the entire operation and because of the virus he had a guy looking to update the engine on a mustang and he had purchased all the parts for a short-block ford when his customer backed out. So I benefited on the cost of the parts. And, due to the lack of racing and crashed race cars he had time to get at it.
Same with the body/metal shop. I'm really excited.

I dunno if I can save you after the misdirection you threw up there. It seems that my attention span just shortened....

I like blue cars! :jester:

I got an interesting call from one of the guys at Classic Auto Reproductions earlier this evening. I had ordered a couple of bumpers to be delivered to the body shop and he said that they had tried to deliver them last Friday but they were closed on Friday's so he was going to drop them off tomorrow. I thanked him for his kindness and asked him why he was working on Sunday evening. He said that when they started out only a few years ago it was just a small part time thing. Now it's 7 days a week. Normally he said summer is really slow but with the pandemic everyone is working on their lawns and gardens and their cars.
It's kind of cool to see some guys that started out selling a few parts to mustang ii owners is going gangbusters now.

Reactions: 2 users
So has anyone tried to find a billet pulley for the power steering pump? I'm having trouble finding anything close.
The dimensions as far as I can tell are:
5.876" diameter
Shaft is 0.7"
Length is 1.3"
Offset is .96 (could be 1" but it was tough to tell)

Can't say that I have, but I can say that I've never looked.

On another note, if it really matters, I've found that power steering pulleys come in different diameters. When I swapped the Mark VII 5.0 into the 84 vert I found that there was a difference between the V6 and the later model 5.0 pulley. If I remember right, I swapped the V6 pulley into the 5.0 pump for an under drive effect. :)

I have only gone 50 miles or so due to other problems so take this with a grain of salt. I have a cheap 16" puller electric fan. I wanted to keep my factory temp gauge and used a rear port on the intake for the fan sensor. It took too long to come on and ran warm. I now have the fan running with the ignition on. So far it's worked but I have not been sitting in traffic yet. I think I am going to add a timer at some point to keep the fan running a few minutes after shut down. My only problem is the cheap fan is causing me to constantly worry about it failing.