Progress Thread 43 years later

Thanks for that. I'm going ice fishing in a little bit. Hopefully I can catch enough for dinner. Then I'll drive south tomorrow and deal with the car on Wednesday.
I'd be out fishing already but after two days cross country skiing I had to take some pain reliver and wait for them to kick in. Sucks getting old.

• Agree
  • Old
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

On Tuesday I stopped at the shop and they had a problem when installing the hatch glass. The result was a scratch. So Sand it down and do it over.
IMG_3123.JPG

Wednesday it was all painted again.
IMG_3126_LI.jpg

Todays update:
IMG_3128.JPG

Haven't seen the engine for a long time. Dusty. Going back out to see it again on Monday. Should be all the glass and bumpers.

• Love
That guy was smoking around your car. Look at that Cobra grill . Wow
Apparently smoking is a thing in the body shop. That guy is an expert. That is not the original grill. The original had chrome turn signals. It took a chunk of HWY 35 concrete. The turn signals are not interchangeable.

Is that one of the grills that the signal housing is integrated into the grill instead of a bolt on affair? I had one of those once....

Just an FYI: I think I have another grill in Iowa that the signal housing bolts on if you're interested. I believe it's in one piece if I still have it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't hold on to it. Like I said, I think I still have it..... :rlaugh:

When I go back up next, I'll try to remember to take a look. It's in my 55 if I have it. Seems like I saw one when I was last up there..... :shrug:

Is that one of the grills that the signal housing is integrated into the grill instead of a bolt on affair? I had one of those once....

Just an FYI: I think I have another grill in Iowa that the signal housing bolts on if you're interested. I believe it's in one piece if I still have it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't hold on to it. Like I said, I think I still have it..... :rlaugh:

When I go back up next, I'll try to remember to take a look. It's in my 55 if I have it. Seems like I saw one when I was last up there..... :shrug:
Yes I bought it off fleabay. It was supposed to be from a KC. Yes if you could look it'd be great.

I've had both in my car, too. I settled on the clear lenses. For some reason it just flowed better to me, but way back in the day I always wanted to run the amber lenses.... :shrug: I still have the amber lenses somewhere too - hell, they may be in the 55 with the grill I think I have. Lol

I've had both in my car, too. I settled on the clear lenses. For some reason it just flowed better to me, but way back in the day I always wanted to run the amber lenses.... :shrug: I still have the amber lenses somewhere too - hell, they may be in the 55 with the grill I think I have. Lol
you can have mine. they are in pretty good shape just cracked. Tomorrow I'll go out to the garage and take a picture.

Nah, I don't want them. Like I said, I think I have a pair of them, they were in the car years ago but I swapped them out. Did that about the same time I installed the chrome bump strips on the horizontal bars of the grill. I'll have to see if I have those old pics uploaded somewhere - I'm sure I did..... :shrug:

Nah, I don't want them. Like I said, I think I have a pair of them, they were in the car years ago but I swapped them out. Did that about the same time I installed the chrome bump strips on the horizontal bars of the grill. I'll have to see if I have those old pics uploaded somewhere - I'm sure I did..... :shrug:
Yes you do I saw them.

Aha! I do have them all uploaded.... Here's my car shortly after I finally got it running again almost 20 years ago. (Man it doesn't seem that long ago.... :shrug: ) I was contemplating on how I wanted the grill to look. I saw someone else used that chrome door edging and I had extra grill parts, so I experimented with different combinations. I settled on the last one. :D

2021-01-07_07-03-26.jpg
2021-01-07_07-03-33.jpg
2021-01-07_07-03-39.jpg
2021-01-07_07-03-45.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I told him how I was able to quit and he was...NAW!
It takes a man to keep smoking when the cancer crunch is on.
So Yes he is an expert.

Reactions: 1 user
Today's update. The hood was getting buffed out so it wasn't installed. I'll get some more pics later this week. But it's coming together.

Attachments

• IMG_3129_LI.jpg
    IMG_3129_LI.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 2 users
Can't see graphics? must need sunlight?

No sunlight in Minnesota for a couple more months?
Like the fancy headlights, what s up there?

The real question, is he smoking at this moment?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users