Progress Thread 43 years later

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I'm heading back to the woods tomorrow. There's a small murder trial going on near me that I don't want to be around for the conclusion.

It's been about a month since we've heard anything - did you get lost in the woods or are you out enjoying your marvelous piece of machinery? :)

• Sponsors(?)

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
It's been about a month since we've heard anything - did you get lost in the woods or are you out enjoying your marvelous piece of machinery? :)
Soon!
I came back because the weather turned to crap. Wouldn't you know it there was another shooting the day I came back to the city. Riot season again. I haven't taken down my Covid decorations yet!
The shop called me and said they were getting ready to start up the car so I went over there yesterday to watch and it wouldn't start. 3 mechanics and the owner were there and they all said there was a timing issue. I told them to leave the distributor alone and asked them if they by chance pulled the plug wires off? He said yes when the headers were put on; so I said lets check the firing order vs. the plug wires and they had them in the same order as a 302. I told them to change it to 351 and it started right up. It made me smile.
For some reason the tachometer is not working with the MSD. So I'm bringing the wire diagram to them Monday to try and get that taken care of.
I'm going to bring it home next week (weather depending-it's still snowing around here) and finish the rest myself. Mostly interior stuff that I stripped out at the beginning. And some work on the wire harness/heater hoses.

Reactions: 1 users

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
As I understand it, the original tach requires the use of the MSD tach adapter. It's been a while but I believe I saw or read that on the .net site.

Reactions: 1 user

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
As I understand it, the original tach requires the use of the MSD tach adapter. It's been a while but I believe I saw or read that on the .net site.
I ordered one. Thank you.

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
I was cleaning the garage and found the cut up old motor mounts. @LILCBRA you can add these numbers to your list.

Attachments

• IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 18

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Here's a couple update photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 19

extra_stout

Mustang Master
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Finally somebody is doing something (or let somebody something do) on a M2 and uploads pics! Such a nice build!
What seats are in there?

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Finally somebody is doing something (or let somebody something do) on a M2 and uploads pics! Such a nice build!
What seats are in there?
I bought the seats on fleabay a long time ago. But they were out of a 03 mustang.

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
How are they mounted?
If you are back at the car, could you make a pic for me?
I just took the stock rails off the new seats and put my rails from the cobra on them. It's a tight fit but they work. I also had to remove the cover on the seat coil spring (helps assist the tilt of the seat back) to get them to fit. They're a little wider than the stock seats.

Reactions: 2 users

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
That's it..Right into the garage. I'm sure your car is sick of garage life. Looks and sounds good
Yes and so am I. But, as you can see I have some work to do yet. Just picked up the rear seat from the upholsterer. Waiting for some Dynomat.

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
NICE!! I'll bet your ecstatic about that!! :nice:
Yes. It was about a 45 mile ride. I was so nervous that it would overheat or something. I could barely sleep the night before. My daughter gave me a ride out there and followed me back in case something happened. But, there was only 1 small leak in the brake lines. I'll try to get that fixed today.

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
Wow !!
painted and home!

Yes!

Mr DeMille Im ready for my close up.

tenor-2.gif

We want pictures!

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
We want pictures!
Let me get it detailed to my satisfaction and then I'll send some over. Here's one I took yesterday through the garage door.
IMG_3268.JPG

check out the dash

• Love
Reactions: 2 users