4R70W 2WD Transmission, Modular Case. 4.6L, 5.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencyg

Jan 21, 2011
I just bought this transmission for a project I'm working on, and being the idiot that I am, I didn't check the bellhousing bolt pattern before handing over the cash. I need one for a Windsor block, and the one I have is for a modular block. I was told it came out of a perfectly fine driving 2WD '97 F150 and the transmission was fine when removed. I haven't personally run this transmission, so I can't personally verify this. The case is in great shape, and the input shafts are clean and shiny. There is a wiring harness included. All sensors appear to be present. I was going to rebuild it only because I'm going to be running some HP and didn't want to chance it, but frankly it looks ready to run as-is. I've got $400 into this, bit I'm willing to take a bit of a loss due to my own "dumb" move...asking $325. Willing to talk though, and if you have a 2WD 4R70W or AODE transmission with the windsor bellhousing (so basically a 3.8L V6 Mustang or 4.2L V6 F150 auto trans), I'd consider a straight up trade. Pics are available at my CL posting. If the offer is right, I'd consider strapping to a pallet and shipping on the buyer's dime via freight if that was necessary.

Ford 4R70W Transmission 4.6 5.4

Thanks

SG in NE

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.