5.0 EFI in early Stang..Performance upgrades?

PickupMan

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hazleton, Pa
I'm tossing around the idea of installing a 5.0 efi in my early 66 stang. I'm going to build it up myself. I'm going to use an 89-93 Mass air efi setup. I was thinking. .030 over bore, forged pistons, bigger cam????, gasket match stock heads, headers, flowmaster exhaust. What cam should I run? I want this thing to make some good power. What are the firtst mods you guys do to a stock 5.0??
Right now i have a 289, .030 over, forged pistons, stock heads gasket matched w/therm humps removed from exhaust ports, cam dur. 212 214 @.050 lift.478 .496, weind high rise dual plane intake, holley 650, headers and flowmaster exhaust. I have a 4 speed w/ 3.50 gear in the rear.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

A B-303 Will work Nicely with a stock setup to get you a little more kick :) Also if you are looking for quick power go with under drive pullies, bypass the smog pump and slap on some headers. A k&n will help your setup as well. All of these upgrades will work well on a stock setup and give you an increase you will definetly notice seat of the pants, it will really help wake that motor up!