5.0 General Horse-power boost

• Sponsors (?)

94comp said:
I just purchased my first mustang. It's a 94 5.0. It has a BBK cold air induction on it already but I'm looking to add more horse fast and inexpensively any comments or suggestions would help. Thanks all
Cheap HP would be nitro.But you have to be careful,starting in 1993 they started using Hyper...... pistons,and there not good with boost..I wouldnt go higher then a 90HP shot with a good tune.Same with super charging! I wouldnt go more then 8lbs of boost,again,a good tune is very important for these motors! (pistons)Do all the free stuff plus add some gears,exhaust..Is it an auto or 5spd?

I'd have to halfway disagree. I know next to nothing about nitrous so can't comment on it. Boost however... properly tuned, hyper pistons will handle more horsepower than the stock block will. The block will be the limiting factor (450 RWHP rule of thumb).

Other considerations would be rods, bearings, as with all the other internals.

Don't expect to run out and install a power adder to make 450 rear wheel on the stock combination. They're just not designed for it. 300 rear wheel HP is a reasonable goal with boost over a stock combo.